Thread: Gold Coast Kingys-Fish the deep charters 28-11-10

Gold Coast Kingys-Fish the deep charters 28-11-10

Still having some good days on the kingys, caught enough for all on board and left them biting. Still a few small amberjack mixed amongst them.Attachment 63397

Not sure how long they will hang around it changes from season to season.
    The current has been making things hard at times, it has dropped of over the last couple of days but that can change overnight at this time of year.

Also have been catching a few mahi mahi on the troll over the last couple of weeks. Hopefully the little Black Marlin will start to show up over the next few weeks.

Re: Gold Coast Kingys-Fish the deep charters 28-11-10

Nice catch boys, good to see everyne has a decent fish to take home to the table! top work!

Cookie monster

Some nice fat hoodlums amongst them all - they seem to be doing well with the amount of baitfish about.

What depth were they caught?
    Cheers

Trev

Hey Matt;
    Keep them there till next week please.
    I want the one with my name on both its flanks.

Any Pearlies around on the 50's?
    Plato

Hi Peter,

I'm so hoping that when you come out next week you'll be so buggered from winding in Kingies that you'll beg me to take you home!!! and when the begging doesn't work you'll probably offer large sums of money.

Caught good Kings again yesterday, wasn't as easy due to the current running at around 2.5kts. Backed the boat up all day to slow the drift. We still left them biting though as we had enough.

Had a quick look at the pearlies, probably could have caught a few if I wanted to do super short drifts but the current was 3kts there. I would have had to work the anglers like they were at boot camp. (I know I do anyway) Went in close and caught a few flatties.

I hope the kingies are around next week but it's out of my hands. Would you settle for a Tailor?. ha ha.

It is a hard time of year to go reef fishing thats for sure but at least we'll start to see some pelagic fishing.

Here's a few more photos from yesterday

Sorry Trevally, 80 metres

Fish the Deep,

G'day mate, I see you done ok on the kingies. Yeah they are a good feed but that's what I've been catching most these days, for me a change of species, yeah tailor would be good hahaha.

Should be some mahi mahi around (if you go near the wave rider buoy) early morning. Now they would be tempting hahaha.

Cheers, Peter