Thread: Fly Fishing Help Please

Fly Fishing Help Please

Hi there, was just wondering if anyone out there knows wht type of flys, weight etc is the go at Ebor, any help would be much appreciated,

Scotty

Re: Fly Fishing Help Please

Hi mate, a 5 weight is all you need with a wf floater, as far as flys go all the usual wet streamer patterns work well with my preference being mrs simpons (caught more fish on these flys than anything) hamils killer, wooly buggars, all the nymph patterns, red an blacks, for your drys red tags, flying ant patterns, coachmans all work, i generally wet fly 80% of the time unless their fixated on a hatch which sometimes happens, have been getting shit loads of rain down here so creeks are all running well but have not had any warm weather to get the insects hatching if we get some warm stuff around chrissie it will be good. Another thing make sure your wet flys have been tied with some copper wire on the bodies to get them down a bit.
    Oh yeah went out yesterday arvo an got 3 crackers 68 64 59 plus a couple of small ones, dont ask me where...

Thanks for the help bushwacker, can i go in to any tackle shop and buy those flies that u have told me or are they of a mate of a mate ?

No you should be able to buy those flies out of any tackle store.