Thread: kayak spotty mack

kayak spotty mack

Took on the goldie swell this morning it was much bigger than yesterday (see photo taken yesterday). Very hard on the shallow dumping outer bank. After a short wait and dash i was out and made the paddle to the reef. Had a few good hits and then it was bedlam on the spoons. Getting big boils and torpedos from the macks. Got biiten of twice. Had to go to work so high speed ( as fast as i could) trolled my pillies back in. Got smashed by the spotty in the photo. Then i hooked up on a big spaniard. Had him alongside the yak ( he was a good 1m+) but as i was trying to grab the tail my clip broke. After a few swear words I vowed to never use clips again also to bring a gaff next time. I was out of pillies so trolled home past a manta ray with a cobe underneath it. After guiding my pillie alongside the ray i got seriously smashed. I saw a big cobe thrashing on the surface. But then the hooks pulled out. Spewing! Had to swim back in after being tipped off my yak by a rougue wave about 600m out. Also saw the long liners out there gathering yakkas still from last night. WTF! See them in the photo- sorry cam phone.

Re: kayak spotty mack

Well done Chris nice to open the account.
    Just the thing for that MacFever of yours!
    Great story. How was the water clarity?
    cheers
    TC

Todd the mackeral fever has subsided for now. But i will be dreaming of the screaming drag and the boils. Water was not very clear maybe 8 - 10m. Howz the marking i am almost done and dusted ready for next week.

Nothing wrong with that mate...hopen this seasons as good as the last