Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: O/S on-line purchases - get in while you can

Re: O/S on-line purchases - get in while you can

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    why would anyone bother purchasing from overseas to save a meagre 10%?

????
    Not just the 10% Greg. The bloody profit gouging also. I am buying Japanese lures from the US for $19 with free post. Outlets here sell them for $47. Happy to buy in Oz but not with mark-up like that.

thats right in regards of the all consumer items sold in this country is just too much compare to o/s.just too many middle man and each making a chunk of profits before passing it along to the next fella........finally us the consumer.
    play it smart n will get a bargain of the century!!!!

This issue is going to grow as the overall challenge for bricks and mortar retailers is more than this GST issue. The cost of running an online store with good links to suppliers and shippers is way less than the old retail system of us customers walking thru the door, looking and purchasing.

Online shopping is here to stay and will only increase! More and more shoppers will grow to be comfortable doing it even for their groceries, so I see that the retail sector has to start adapting to the new world. Bagging the new world thru history never stopped the changes that mechanization or technology were bringing to the world.
    I see that the smart retailers will find ways to adjust to the new paradigm, and those who are stuck in their thinking and wont change will pass away. This is the history of the world.

A lot of retail shops will not exist in 10 years.

JOhn

Not to mention the fact that some of us -- "ME" like to shop online.. I get a certain satisfaction from saying to mates that have paid top Aussie dollars for something that I have bought the same or similar for a fraction of the cost... got to stick it to your mates somehow I reckon. haha

I have never even looked at any purchases from overseas..would not even know where to start but then all the tackle I own fits in 3 drawers of a tackle box.

I have never even looked at any purchases from overseas..would not even know where to start but then all the tackle I own fits in 3 drawers of a tackle box.
    Must have very smalllllllll fishing rods......... (or long drawers)!

Still cant shake that working class up bringing eh.

cheers
    Its the details, those little details, that make the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by oldboot View Post
    Still cant shake that working class up bringing eh.

cheers
    what ?????

working class upbringing huh? I saw where hard work gets you and still stick to that to this day. My old man showed where you can get by putting in the extra yards..if that is a working class upbringing then I am proud of it.

I was probably importing stuff from the States beofre these online stores were even around..I was importing laser discs many years back.

I have no need to buy anything from overseas..simple as that..but if you think that buying from overseas gives you some form of class..then go right ahead

Quote Originally Posted by bassfan View Post
    Must have very smalllllllll fishing rods......... (or long drawers)!
    tackle = hooks, sinkers etc...no need for too much at all.

[quote=PinHead;1229814]I have never even looked at any purchases from overseas..would not even know where to start but then all the tackle I own fits in 3 drawers of a tackle box.[/quote]

You obviously don't follow Aigutso's example then.

Which probably isn't a bad thing. You'd have to get a dedicated tackle shed if you did.

TOL