Thread: best spot around bris river or mud island

best spot around bris river or mud island

ok anyone got any tips or spots around the mouth of the bris river or mud island i seen all these big snapper jew threadys and i know some of u could pull these fish out of a bath tub even if its got water in it or not cause i never catch these big ones so any tips????
    my rides 3.7 m tinnie
    V8 vn ss
    GQ swb patrol

Re: best spot around bris river or mud island

Brissy Wharves. Pipeline.
    "True Blue"

shrek, depends what your chasing? If your after the bigger stuff like the thready's some good sized livies are helpful or will you be throwing lures? I like the wharves, the sunken rockwall, the sh!t shute for live bait. I only fish light gear and chase flatties, breambo's the occasianal trev and the EC's I am lucky. Majority of my best fish have been caught around the rivr mouth on lures or plastics...

cheers yeah prob live bait
    my rides 3.7 m tinnie
    V8 vn ss
    GQ swb patrol

have seen catches from all parts of the river..just gotta sus the place out..and also from all around Mud...bugger all from me though...but the blokes that put in the time get the results.

Just start reading the posts by Chief and a few others. They will give you all the tips you need
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

best spot changes from day to day. Find the bait and you will find the fish.

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    have seen catches from all parts of the river..just gotta sus the place out..and also from all around Mud...bugger all from me though...but the blokes that put in the time get the results.
    lol maybe tomorrow
    my rides 3.7 m tinnie
    V8 vn ss
    GQ swb patrol

have a chat to "chief" if you are interested in fishing the river..hard to find a keener or nicer bloke.