Thread: Hello From Brighton

Hello From Brighton

Hello boys and girls,
    I'm new to all this, got my first boat 2 weeks ago (Quintrex freedom sport 475) and we would all like to have a fish (me wife 2,4 and 5 year old).

So whats the best way to get into it, just want to try something basic to start with, just to relax and dangle the rods somewhere in the bay.

Re: Hello From Brighton

gday merlin, enjoy your time here
    wayno............................................. ............where are you?

Welcome to ausfish . as for where and when to try and dangle a rod . I can't really help as I don't live anywhere near there but I would be having a good read of Charlie's thread http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sho...d.php?t=162997 it made alot of sense to me
    Stuie
    IF IT CAN'T EAT A WHOLE PILLY I DON'T WANT IT

Welcome aboard Merlin,
    Hope you enjoy your stay here and im sure with the tallent we have here you will get the right answer to any question.

cheers
    wayne.

welcome aboard merlin, theres lots to learn here, and alot of willing members to help you out, also there is a search button where you can search for threads on different topics which is great to use, hope too see you around, and posting up some photos of your fish, cheers BK

...of all the liars among mankind, the fisherman is the most trustworthy. ~William Sherwood Fox.

Welcome, mate. As has been said, plenty to search on here, just use the function and away go.

cuzza

Gday mate, I am not far from you at Bracken Ridge.

I generally fish the pine river or go up to toorbul. The boat ramp just over the other side of the redcliffe bridge is fantastic, thats probably where I would be putting the boat in, unless its pretty windy in which case you could put it in somewhere more protected up the river.

You could drift out in the bay for whiting or flathead, or come into the pine river chasing bream aswell, I am a very ordinary fisherman though so take my advice with a grain of salt haha.

If the kids havent been out in the boat before maybe take them up the creeks first to get used to it before you get stuck out in the bay when the wind gets up.

Good luck with the fish and enjoy it mate. Its great to see families doing stuff together.

Thanks!

I have tried a few ramps so far, shorncliffe Bribie and the one at Breakfast creek (nice and muddy).

I just joined the VMR at sandgate so I think that will be my ramp of choice now as they have a lockup for member so you don't have to worry about some low life messing with your car which is going to be important overnight.

Yep, all the kids have got rods from Santa
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt76 View Post
    Its great to see families doing stuff together.

Quote Originally Posted by themerlin View Post
    Yep, all the kids have got rods from Santa
    One of those happy coincidences Charlie's thread will see you through but he is the waffle king so be warned.