Thread: Fishing the fresh?

Fishing the fresh?

Hey I am just starting to get back into fishing and I wanna move away from saltwater and give fresh water a go. Does anyone know of any good spots to get bass (possible barramundi) in or around the Sunshine Coast, Brisbane, Gold Coast areas. I live in Sunshine Coast(caloundra) and I usually only get like 2 days off a week so somewhere close would be better. But then Im not scared to travel a couple of hours to get to some good fishing Also will I need a canoe/kayak? Thanks

Re: Fishing the fresh?

You could try Lake McDonald near Cooroy for Bass.

A canoe/kayack or small boat would be adventageous as they ar extensive weedbeds along the shores.

You can use petrol powered outboards and you will need a Stocked Inpoundment Permit (SIP).

Have a look at http://www.sweetwaterfishing.com.au/ for more info and talk to your local tackle shop.

I'd also recommend you join a fishing club. I'd have a look at the Sunshine Coast Sportfishing Club http://www.ansaqld.com.au/member-clu...ine-coast-sfc/

Luc

NO you can't use petrot motors in Lake Macdonald ELECTRIC ONLY !! ( can leave the petrol motor on the back JUST don't start it !! )

Yes there is alot of weed in Lake Macdonald, theres a jetty over on Lake Macdonald Drive (near the wall) which you can cast off into clear water BUT at this time of the year most of the fish are up the arms away from the main basin, so a canoe/kayak would be needed.
    maoKoo are you using lures or bait fishing ?
    Also up behind Imbil is Borumba Dam its very good for saratoga and bass up in timber ( which is great fun because its a reaction style bite which can get the heart going a bit) It is open to all boats (particularly bloody skiers !!) but in the timber not to bad, I think most dams you will need a SIP which you can get online or from most tackle stores.
    Paul
    PS- there are a number of clubs and stocking groups around I know of Ewen Maddock, Borumba and Lake Macdonald Stocking groups as well as Yandina Fishing Club.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for catching my typo, definitely can't use them but can leave them attached.

Luc