Thread: Outdoor Connection, Tanbar Tourer Tent

Outdoor Connection, Tanbar Tourer Tent

G'day all,

I'm looking at buying a canvas tourer style tent, the one that has my interest is a brand called Outdoor Connection and the model is called the Tanbar Tourer.
    Anyone on here own one or know anything about the quality of them, or how well they keep the rain out??

Appreciate any thoughts or ideas.......

Thanks,

Barrabart
    Bundy Rum.......... Not just great for breakfast.

Re: Outdoor Connection, Tanbar Tourer Tent

I like the Outdoor Connection products. I have an OC shower tent and a tarp and I'm very happy with them.

I just went to their website to check out the tent you're looking at. It looks good to me. Treated canvas, ventilation, quick to erect, and a 3 year warranty. Very impressive for around $550.

It's probably quite heavy though - not sure if this is a concern to you or not.

Regards
    Brad
    What would Steve do?

fortes fortuna adjuvat

Yeah thanks mate......... i've had a look at the tent and the canvas looks and feels like it has all the qualities of a reasonable canvas...... i assume it's made in China or somewhere......... i do feel i'd rather have an Aussie made tent, but really can't justify the dollars.
    As for how long it lasts, well my old tent is a big two room nylon K-Mart job, bought on 50% sale for about $250 from memory, we've had it for over 12 yrs now, and it's still all working etc....... though it's never been at all water proof, but that hasn't really been a problem as we erect tarps over the camp anyway...... but i'm looking for a tent that can be pitched for o'nighters when travelling and handle the weather so tarps etc can be left in the truck until a more permanent camp is set up.

Thanks for the reply.
    Bundy Rum.......... Not just great for breakfast.

No worries. I'd say with the tent being canvas, it would need to be "seasoned" before it seals properly. And also, it will probably need a wax stick rubbed over the stitching on a nice warm day. Once this is done, it should protect you nicely from any wet weather.

Regards
    Brad
    What would Steve do?

fortes fortuna adjuvat

I assume you've also considered oztents and blackwolf turbo tents? Both very quick to erect. A little more expensive but the "lite" blackwolfs aren't too bad when on special.
    Oztrail and oztent also make blackwolf-turbo ripoff tents now too. The oztrail might be a little cheaper - the oztent (jet tent) is more expensive though.

I have the same style of tent (maybe oztrail??) they are easy and quick to erect, reasonably waterproof. can stand up straight in it and we put a queen mattress at the back and the kids sleep toe to toe on a single at the front. The downside is they are pretty heavy and consume a bit of space when packed up (poles seperate) I would own another one but this is one of 5 tents we own as well as a camp trailer. lots of different camping scenarios out there