Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: black wolf turbo 300 lite plus

Question black wolf turbo 300 lite plus

has any one got one who can shed some lite on these tents as i am lookin to buy one .....or the other black wolf turbo 300 plus which is the heavier duty one....any help would be greatly appreciated....cheers rosco

Re: black wolf turbo 300 lite plus

Quote Originally Posted by rosco1974 View Post
    has any one got one who can shed some lite on these tents as i am lookin to buy one .....or the other black wolf turbo 300 plus which is the heavier duty one....any help would be greatly appreciated....cheers rosco

Hi rosco.

Mate, I've got the canvas300 turbo plus and it is a superb tent. Knowing what I know now, I wouldn't have bought the extension though................it may be a 30second tent but it's a 30 minute extension! A wasted 800 bucks in my opinion...........we live and learn Don't get me wrong, it's still a good (complete) system but if you think how much time you spend in the extension, and the cost of it, is it really cost effective when you can just throw up a tarp? The 300 plus is also a huge tent inside so you can stow gear in there.

I went for the black wolf over the oz tent because you have all round more head room.............the oz tent has a sloping roof so you can only stand fully upright at the door............their extension system is a lot better than Black Wolf though.

As I say, I'm happy as hell with the tent and fly itself, but I would spend the extra bucks and go canvas if I were you............much more solid and built like a brick dunny. Just put a small tarp out front for cooking.........you won't need one over the tent.

the beauty of the Black Wolf system is that it fits in the back of a fourby, whereas the OZ tent has to go on the roof rack as it fold down size is greater that the Black Wolf.................off you go for the weekend.............pull up somewhere..............drag her out the back of the fourby and she's up in 30 seconds..........brilliant..................taken down just as quick when you want to move on.

If you're near me, you can come and see it go up if the dealership hasn't got that facility..............also..............use google...........I saved 400 bucks on the full monty from a dealer on bayside who I forget the name of atm

Good luck

kev

See my breeder fish photography here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.sm...opical-Fish-2/
    Quality digital copies free to Ausfishers............use as wallpaper or can be printed......size up to 20 x16. PM for details.

cheers for that info on these great tents.....i like the plus range for the room in them....have seen one of these set up at down under camping at capalaba....was goin to nuy the lite range but now thinkin bout the canvas range......cheers rosco

I have the 300 turbo lite plus. The extra 6 feet make a big difference - tent is 16x10 feet. I have no problems setting it up and packing up myself in a few mins. We did find recently though that it needs the fly to be waterproof - we were hoping to get away without the fly for overnighters but had some water come through in various spots.
    I'd definitely go the lite model again as it is heaps lighter ... and the plus model for the extra space. We probably don't need the 300 size though ... bcf do a 270 plus lite which would probably have been fine.

Have a lite 270, little catch with the BCF Lite 270 is they are not 270 square, they are 270 x 240.

Good tent, got it real cheap and more than happy with it

looked at these for ages and the OZ tent 30 second jobbies, the OZ tent ones really have bugger all room as stated, cant stand up anywhere except near the door.

Came across the BW Turbo at the right coin so got it.
    Cheers

Steven

We have the 270 lite plus and agree with the comments about the amount of space. We have gone camping with two adults and two kids (porta cot etc) and it has heaps of room. I was initially looking at the canvas model, but am glad we chose the lite model - overall the tent has a very solid feel about it. As noted previously, the extension part means its not really much quicker than other dome type tents I have put up. I think it probably gets a bit quicker once you've had a bit of practice at it. I would certainly recommend them based on my experiences.

Mick

thanks for the info guys.

I have been scouting for a family style tent. wife/me 3yo and 18mth old (portacot)..easy to put up and solid. I want to buy quality...I checked out the blackwolfe site...I noticed a turby300 lite twin.

Anyone seen one of these in real life, and what are your thoughts on room, as per my family!

Or any other suggestions, mabey cheaper than the $1000 these are? I also liked the Oztrail elite villa...for about $400! but I am unsure of the quality??

Cheers Steve

I really don't think you'll need the space of the 300 twin. We've got a 2.5 yr old and a 10mth old (in portacot) and there's heaps of space. My wife has a chair for feeding the 10mth old in the night and still heaps of room.
    Sometimes Anaconda have the big ones set up - a bit hit and miss though. Lots of places sell blackwolf now so maybe ring around to check.

What Chisel says Steve. save your bucks and go the 2.4. I have the 300 and even with me and the missus and a lanky 15 and 13yr old there's heaps of space, not that the kids sleep in our tent anyways. I wish I'd have got the 2.4 now as the 300 is often too big for the grass on a powered slabsite.

kev

See my breeder fish photography here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.sm...opical-Fish-2/
    Quality digital copies free to Ausfishers............use as wallpaper or can be printed......size up to 20 x16. PM for details.

thanks Chisel and Kev,

Much appreciated....UnfortunatEly the power that be wont let me spend that type of cash!! I explained the 'false economy....lasts longer...blah blah' but she wont have it.

I have been allowed to go something to the effect of a coleman chalet 9 cv or another one I have been checking out, a Diamantina drysdale 9??? have you guys heard of DIAMANTINA TENTS??...any opinions?? I can only find one store that sells them,and its in sydney...kangaroo tent city....they look pretty good.

cheers Steve....

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    thanks Chisel and Kev,

Much appreciated....UnfortunatEly the power that be wont let me spend that type of cash!! I explained the 'false economy....lasts longer...blah blah' but she wont have it.

I have been allowed to go something to the effect of a coleman chalet 9 cv or another one I have been checking out, a Diamantina drysdale 9??? have you guys heard of DIAMANTINA TENTS??...any opinions?? I can only find one store that sells them,and its in sydney...kangaroo tent city....they look pretty good.

cheers Steve....
    No mention of what the poles are made of Steve. If they're glass with ally ferrules then the first real Qld storm it meets, there's a good chance that they'll snap and go through the tent. The night of the tsunami, ours was the only tent that remained standing on Crusoe out of about 20.............the rest were write offs. Admitted, that was an exceptional storm on the Gold Coast but we'll likely meet another some day. We shipped ours in from the UK after losing 3 Aussie made tents to storms, and we still take it with us, even though we've got the black Wolf. Its not the tents that are crap, but the poles.

Don't want to put a damper on your inquiry but you have to ask yourself why there's only one supplier?

kev

i finally got round to buyin 1 of these tents...bought the 270lite plus....put it up today and really glad i didnt go for the 300 plus....plenty of room in it...the 300 would of been too big...cheers rosco

Hey Steve B - Get the moths out of your wallett mate - buy the dearer one. It'll be still cheap for you anyway ya rich bugger. Don't buy too big of tent though mate, it won't fit up the side of my house if and when you stay over when ya come down to Bribie. Happy Campin mate, Darren.

Hi all,

Sorry to bump up an old thread but I was searching through some old posts and found this and a few other threads (i.e. http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=148080&page=2&highlight=black+wol f).

Anyone have a supplier in Brisbane which they can direct me to? I've been to a camping store at Slacks Creek and a few BCFs but none seem to have the tents setup side by side for me to compare.

Any ideas?

Cheers
    Eug

Saw a few errected in Tentworld I think it was?
    Cheers

Steven