Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Techni Ice Sheets

Techni Ice Sheets

Hi all,

Want to know if these ice sheets just keep things cold or do they freeze things in a similar way to dry ice?

Going up to Cooktown for 10 days and hoping that these sheets will keep things frozen. I will have another esky with block ice in it for keeping things cool

cheers

Re: Techni Ice Sheets

Hey Kev,

They feeze things initially. I have frozen light beer (I know - serves me right for drinking light).

They will not last for 10 days however although when packed in with lots of frozen stuff, they might last longer than I think

Be mindfull that they spilt too. the insides certainly dont look that appealing on your food/drinks.

Hope this helps

Ad

They are so good that mine are all at the tip.....Rubbish tip that is.......

What happened to yours Teabag ?

They are good if you look after them. I use mine in conjunction with block ice, sheets on the bottom, food or drink then ice over the top.

I put mine in snap lock bags as if they come in contact with water they over expand and split.

U won't get 10 days out of them.

Pete.

Thanks for the tip on snap lock bags

I will do that for sure.

I will be happy if I can get 8 days out of them.

U wont even get 8 days.

i got 8 freebies with the esky's.

i have put all 8 in a small esky for an overnighter with no extra ice and they were cool but not cold the next night

I use big juice bottle (2.5L i think) and freeze them. they last longer than normal block ice and become drinking water as they melt. Usually last about 4 days if the esky stays shaded and opened minimally.

Steve

if used with ice they will last 3-4 days! thats wha we get out of ours! we also use snap lock bags!

Quote Originally Posted by kingkev View Post
    What happened to yours Teabag ?
    Did not live up to their claims and found to be less effective than ice.......

well well

Some conflicting stories.

Have not purchased them yet....................hhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!

1 block of 5kg Dry ice = $47.50......................use once only

10 sheets techni ice = $32.00.........................use it a few times

THINKING!...............THINKING!........THINKING!

Hi mate
    Whatever you end up using mate, the colder you get the esky before you put your ice/whatever in will make a big difference.

Also have all your meat and whatever else you can cryvaced.

Mark

all meats will be in frozen packs prior to going into the esky. Probably frozen peas and carrots as well as bottles of cold water.

If they only last 4 or 5 days.............thats OK because thye Cooktown butcher is not far away....but would need at least 4-5 days FROZEN

I am not sure but if you cryovac your meat and it defrosts i think it would still be ok as no air gets in as long as it stays chilled check with a butcher maybe have heard rumours it will last a week or 2 cryovaced in a esky kept chilled
    shane

Quote Originally Posted by robersl View Post
    I am not sure but if you cryovac your meat and it defrosts i think it would still be ok as no air gets in as long as it stays chilled check with a butcher maybe have heard rumours it will last a week or 2 cryovaced in a esky kept chilled
    shane

Meat will last cryvaced for at least a week kept cool, we quite often age meat that has been cryvaced for 5 or 6 weeks in the fridge so as long as its kept cold 10 days will be no worries. Just keep an eye on to make sure the bag dosn't get a hole in it and let air in. If it does just use it first.

Mark