Thread: New berkely DS outift - opinons...

New berkely DS outift - opinons...

Just picked up a 7'Berkely Dropshot 4-8kg rod whihc I intend to match to a Penn Afinity 3000 reel with 15lb Fins braid. $180 all up (minus the braid).

Just looking opinions on my choice. It's intended use are for inshore reef plastics fishing, flicking slugs at tuna and (God I hope) getting my first mangrove jack this summer.

Did I make the right choice? I've already got 2 Gloomis DSR820s with a stradic 1000/4lb on one and a Sol 2000/6lb. Wanted a medium outfit to compliment these two but dont have the $$ to throw just at the moment on an expensive rig.

Re: New berkely DS outift - opinons...

Mate for under $200 I don't think you will go wrong.
    Just don't pick it up straight after using the DSR...
    Cheers and thanks.

"Tackle Whore on a budget..."
    Gonzo II – Brooker 4.5m 40hp Yam & Outlaw Kayak
    Fish Well, Fish Egrell

http://www.ecofishersqld.org.au

Having had quite a few Loomis, including DSR and IMX/GLX I really don't think they are that good. In fact I have sold most of my loomis gear. Just purchased a new berkley venom 7'4" and I love it, feels better than any loomis I have had.

Havent tried the new NRX yet.

Personally I think you will really enjoy your new combo, tight lines and enjoy. I hope you get your jack!

Regards,

Rob

ive had a couple of the Penn affinitys for over 2 years now and they havent missed a beat great reels smooth drag, you wont regret.

...of all the liars among mankind, the fisherman is the most trustworthy. ~William Sherwood Fox.

The Affinity's area great reel for the price. They are a pretty small reel though and I think a 4000 would suit it better and open up a few more options
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"