Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Legalities of electrical work on recreational vessels in QLD

Re: Legalities of electrical work on recreational vessels in QLD

just read through all this now im confused.
    finga i think its fair to say that there is no regulation in the marine industry,i mean im still seeing 200 hp outboards fitted with rotary cable steering systems that are rated to 75 hp ,as for the wiring well hey it keeps people like you and me in a job.
    i could tell some unreal stories of stuff ive seen over the years.
    i worked on a boat that had 5 core trailer wire used as its main electrical harness,the boat came to me after the owner had an auto pilot installed and couldnt work out why the boat did 360 degree turns when he used his vhf , its a shame ther isnt a standard to comply too but thats the way it is ,and how many guys in the marine game are actually quallified ??the apprenticeship traning scheme is another faas imop,thats the world we live in .

This is getting very confusing to a layman . I can't figure what colour Roses we are talking about but I think its better to hose them in the morning to stop fungal disease and the critical length for the hose is at least as long as the distance between your tap and the plants .........I hope that has cleared everything up and we can get back to something practical
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

bingo...based on that I can rip out all the wiring in the house...why have 2.5mm cable if the fuse wire protecting it is a fraction of the area..might as well just run the fuse wire all the way through...current stays the same then what is the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by Horse View Post
    This is getting very confusing to a layman . I can't figure what colour Roses we are talking about but I think its better to hose them in the morning to stop fungal disease and the critical length for the hose is at least as long as the distance between your tap and the plants .........I hope that has cleared everything up and we can get back to something practical
    thank you Neil...that was the answer I was looking for.

Thanks Neil, do you have any advice on what colour hose I should use this summer, and should it be different to my winter hose ?

Cheers
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

I knew there was a reason why I wasn't going to read this thread - just found out why.

Steve