Thread: hard slog at monduran

Cool hard slog at monduran

Just spent 3 days with 3 mates at monduran. Fished morning and night, casting and trolling,hard bodies and slick rigs, squigies and frogs. Weather cold and raining, water temp 18-23. From the dam wall to the top end of "B" and Jacks. With 2 Barra caught on the last night by mates in the other boat 5 min apart. One 105cm the other 115cm. Both released to fight another day,much to mates misses she loves Barra. So mate in the dog house but will use that as a excuse to go and catch them again. Cannot wait, bring on the hot weather. Cheers Basil2

Re: hard slog at monduran

hard luck basil,isnt it weird how we are only finding 23 degree water this time of year with the odd bay with good temps

Yep .... that pretty well sums the place up atm

Will the water temps ever rise ?

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

I'm up there from friday till monday and the weather seems to be going along the same lines,possibly wetter haha. Oh well gotta give it a go anyway. Thanks basil2
    Ben

yer mate was there tuesday wednesday thursday friday, temp was terrible and had one hook up on hollow bellies and dropped him after half a minute or so.. one bloke got a 105cm trolling in the basin but that is all i heard of, ile be back again though..
    troy

I only lasted till saturday as every thing was saturated including us. Watched the water level rise around a foot overnight and had to pump the boat out four times as it was up to the boards. fished various bays and inlets with softies, hardbodies, surface and swimbaits for not a touch. Next time! Ben

same story i've been hearing also. by fluke i managed to book in the first week of november which has been the warmest weather yet and even then the fishing was tough with only a handful landed, warmest we saw was 27 in the main basin and it looked like it was shaping up but it rained hard the day we left and looks like it hasn't stopped since. good on ya for persisting and a few fish is better than none.

did you manage to get some pictures? always love barra pics, the anglers always looked so chuffed when they nail one after a few days of fishing.

cheers
    eug