Thread: Anyone spear Rainbow beach/fraser island

Anyone spear Rainbow beach/fraser island

Just wondering if anyone goes out of rainbow beach or fraser island im heading up there this summer for the school hoildays, might do some spearing anyone lend use some spots they would recommend?

cheers

Re: Anyone spear Rainbow beach/fraser island

Hey mate, practically live up D.I/rainbow every xmas time an there are always guys spearing round the rocks at the light house, jus be careful of the swell tho as its gets a bit scary

REEL SNAPPER ADDICTION

thanks mate

does anyone one where you can get crays as well or is out the front on rainbow surf club worth giving ago to get some reef fish?

Try the rocks just to the east of the SLSC, usually some reefies around there, depends what the beach is doing and how much rock is exposed. I haven't speared there but i know a fair few locasl do okk there.

Anthony

Dunno about reefies , be lots of teeeeeeeth around i'd imagine

cheers for that everyone any other info would be much appreciated

Speared at northern eastern fraser a few times.... last time I was there I was hasseled by a few massive bronze whalers on separate occasions. I'm not easily spooked by the teethys but the second encounter had me walking on water. Heading up later this year but won't go in unless I take a shark sheild.
    CHARTER BOAT, WHAT CHARTER BOAT?

Quote Originally Posted by spearking View Post
    Speared at northern eastern fraser a few times.... last time I was there I was hasseled by a few massive bronze whalers on separate occasions. I'm not easily spooked by the teethys but the second encounter had me walking on water. Heading up later this year but won't go in unless I take a shark sheild.
    I know a fair few boys from Hervey Bay who spear the shoals and northern fraser, and yes the toothy critters can be thick at times. Couple of the boys had similar issues with bronzeys a couple of weeks ago...