Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: sea salmon cooking

Re: sea salmon cooking

Greg and 4x4 frog have it,

I will just add, lightly poach the fresh australian samon, use the Gregs egg to bind 4x4 frogs recipe, then shallow fry in a pan until golden and VOILA "Fishcakes", is good. we used to do this quite regularly done the south coast of NSW.

Just you have to remember to only keep a couple of fish thou, sometimes when they are on it is chaos.

Regards
    HOnda.

Re: sea salmon cooking

Quote Originally Posted by Horse View Post
    Give them a go. I have used them in Thai fish cakes and they were great.
    Its funny how a lot of people condemn fish without trying them. I remember my early days off Gladestone where the locals would not touch a Parrot except for bait. They said they were mushy. Fresh Parrot are near the top of of my favourite table fish now.
    Is that fair dinkum Horse? Bloody hell, I give them 5 out of 5 stars. As good on the chew as any reef fish, Reds included. The only thing wrong with them is they are a pain in the ass to fillet and skin being so bloody slimy. Once done though as good as it gets.

Back to the topic, I recon I would give the salmon a go. I love ocean type mullet when cooked in a coconut bread crumb mix so it can't be much worse than that. I remember catching them in Sydney around summer time but always threw them back..... I recon they would be awesome Mulloway bait? Do they make it up QLD far I have never caught one up here.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.