Thread: New Stella 1000FE??

New Stella 1000FE??

G'Day Crew,

Just chasing some opinions. I was thinking of buying a Stella 1000FE and matching it up to a 1-3kg 7 foot plus rod for flicking soft plastics/vibes for estuary species.

I have had various 1000 reels in the past, a few air knots etc.

Would it be better to get a stella 2500 FE and 2-4kg rod.

Is the 2500 size too big for finesse fishing?

What rod would you match up with it as an idea? I plan on placing it on the rods recommended to get a feel, but would like some idea's please.

Regards,

DarkHorse

Re: New Stella 1000FE??

I would go the bigger stella the 2500 is an awesome reel- never know when you might hit Cape York or a similar destination where you would want the extra capacity

Re: New Stella 1000FE??

Go the 2500, I had a 1000 but you get a better cast and line lay with the 2500, it still weighs next to nothing and is physically small still.

I also have have a 3000 stella spool (which fits) I load with 150m of 20lb braid for chasing barra when I'm in aus as the little 2500 pulls 9kg of silky smooth drag still.

The 2500 matches to my 2-4kg 7' T-curve and custom travel rod perfect, better IMO than the 1000. It only weighs 225 grams from memory still. You won't be dissapointed. I definatley had less line issues with the 2500.

Most versatile reel out there the Stella 2500, you can fish 3lb braid for small fish one day and 20lb the next for pelagics, barra etc.