Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lenthals Turns It On

Lenthals Turns It On

Er - the waterworks that is. Sorry to disappoint .

Arrived late Wed arvo. By the time we got the tents all set up we had minimum light left. We did a quick troll along a shoreline then threw a few casts at a lillypads till we couldn't see any longer. No result.

Back to camp for a cookup and reasonably early night. Big plans for the morning. About 0200 we got that tell-tale pitterpat of rain on the roof. That didn't stop all night. We rose to a miserable rainy, windy morn. What the heck - quick bite to eat, on with the wet weather gear and off we went. The rain got harder. And harder. After two hours we were wet and miserable and bloody freezing. Back to camp. We sat under the awning all day and evening. The rain just didn't let up. The ranger tells us we had an inch overnight - I reckon another inch at least during the day.

Arose to a miserable drizzly morning on Friday so we pulled the pin. Funny thing is we still had a good time - funny bunch us fishos.

Here is a photo of the afternoon session

Re: Lenthals Turns It On

And a photo of the campground - cos I had nothing better to do.

Thanks for the report Pete, camp ground looks pretty good, no dramas there??

What the brand of that tent that Shane's sitting in just like the King of Lenthals.

Sorry you pair did not get any fish but at least you were out there trying, Good On Ya's

Cheers,
    John.

sorry again pete to see the rubbish weather ruin your trip,next time it will be better ,went down the fresh today under the dam chasing bass ,got kaod by barra ,lost a jackall and xrap to em,landed 1@ 850mm ,busted of by 2 and dropped another 4 well hooked fish all of the one snag . so much for chasing bass better go out with heavier gear next time

Hi Warrior,
    I am dead keen to get back to Lenthalls , it is now over two years (since it turned to crap).
    I have been watching for bass reports that make me want travel again.
    So far it appears that the bass fishing has been pretty hit and miss.
    Can you add anything that might fire me up to make a bass trip to the dam ?
    It would be appreciated if you could add any info on the bass situation there at the moment.

Sorry gunna I am not trying to hijack your thread but all reports on Lenthalls seem to refer to the barra rather than the bass.

Bad_Bazza

Quote Originally Posted by Obi _ Wan View Post
    What the brand of that tent that Shane's sitting in just like the King of Lenthals.

John.
    G'day John. That tent is a NZ mob - Sunshine Leisure. I got it as a second in 1993. Its been pretty good to me but is starting to fall apart and about to be retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad_Bazza View Post
    Hi Warrior,

Sorry gunna I am not trying to hijack your thread but all reports on Lenthalls seem to refer to the barra rather than the bass.

Bad_Bazza
    Warrior had previously told me the barra were a better proposition - not many bass about.

Gday gunna , mate whats the ranger like there ? has he been there long.?

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by wamjam View Post
    Gday gunna , mate whats the ranger like there ? has he been there long.?

Scott
    Yeh he was fine. Quite friendly. Dunno how long he has been there.

Bugger about the weather Pete. Shane sure looks comfy there. The bottle of bundy wouldnt have been far away would it???

Picked up a dozen bass last sat morning from the lilie edges on green g/vibes
    Dino

Oh I was worried that might happen, was talking to Shane last week before he went.
    You just cant believe this weather, not only the rain but its so cold for November when it happens.
    Hope you blokes were at least dry in the tents!
    Cheers
    Flatzie

bazza as you can see thre bass a re scarce at moment a few good reports like dino but few and far between we do find schools every now and then but i rarely have bass gear on me to chase them ,am going to put in that gear now as o love getting them too ,rob the ranger has been there for over a year and half now great fella and helpful too

nice boat Pete
    Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says...
    'Oh Shit.....she's awake'

Quote Originally Posted by themissus View Post
    nice boat Pete
    Ta Kim . Ya think I need an avatar with Shane at the front doing the brown-eye .