Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bout as low as it gets!!

Bout as low as it gets!!

Hi people,
    Went out for a fish at the Prospect lakes at ballina thursday arvo with me fishing buddy. Took the new yak for a spin just for the heck of it.
    Dropped a couple of dillies in the lake while katrina fished the channel and pulled in an 800gm bream straight up. Spun up several nice flatties as well.
    Anyway, we backed my 4wd wagon up to lakes edge well away from any walkways,

I put the fish into a cooler bag with ice bricks and put it under the back of my wagon along with a spare dilly and just put a tarp over it.
    We decided to put the yak in the channel on the other side of the road and I thought the gear should be right under the back of my car and locked the vehicle.

Went for a 20min fish in the yak and came back to find the dilly gone and the cooler bag open.
    Had a look and someone had taken the fish and drank half a bottle of water.

Didnt even leave a thank you note!!

Had not seen a soul all arvo anywhere near us.
    Dont know but maybe I am too trusting with other people.

I know its my fault for leaving the cooler bag and dilly outside the vehicle, but come on people!!

Katrina caught the bream for my mother and was pretty happy with it and was a little more than upset with the petty theft. (actually I think she was upset that the evidence that she had outfished me was gone)

Has anybody else had something like this happen to them??

Cheers, Uncle steve

Re: Bout as low as it gets!!

Mate I rkn your lucky they didnt break the back glass and take the picnic lunch in the back!

Thinking maybe I shoulda left the frypan and gas cooker out too but that woulda went as well.

thats ordinary form. can`t leave anything in view of the bower birds.

Ausfish Platinum Member bigjimg's Avatar

That is just rediculous.Where do some people get off.Hope they get a spike in the hand and it gets infected.Hey mate what goes round comes around.That might sound spitefull but hey i have no time for thieves at all.At least your missus now has to redeem herself,it's all talk if there is no proof.Jim
    Haines Signature "FinaLeigh" 580F 135 Optimax
    CH 81 & 72 VHF

Thieving scum. Nothing worse. At least you guys had a good bit of action.

Cuzza

Sadly Uncle Steve,
    things have changed around Ballina,

the best we can hope for is that when the bypass is finished (and I dont have a job again) , that the sh!t will stay on the highway and bypass Ballina also,

it wouldnt have been a local.

Muzz

that sux mate i live near ballina to and will nolonger be leaving anything lying around as i spin the flats

i hope the fish had worms all through it

Sad world we live in. Gone are the days when you can leave anything around. Ballina is facing the same antisocial problems most other towns now experience. Partly to blame is the do gooding government bodies that import trash into this once quiet safe town. Sorry your day was spoilt by scum.

Its sad that the scum have no respect for anything or anyone. I was camping on Peel Island a 10km paddle from Cleveland and some scumbag stole my brand new PFD off my kayak while I was having a afternoon kip, needless to say I was ropeable
    I had to borrow one from a boatie for the return trip the next day.

I might tie a $5 note on the end of my light jew gear and go trolling up the cycleway near the lakes. see what sort of catch rate I get.

Anybody got a tag pole with a few spare tags I can have a lend of?

Quote Originally Posted by onerabbit View Post
    Sadly Uncle Steve,
    things have changed around Ballina,

the best we can hope for is that when the bypass is finished (and I dont have a job again) , that the sh!t will stay on the highway and bypass Ballina also,

it wouldnt have been a local.

Muzz

Right.....sure thing....

Growing up in raymond terrace just north of newcastle i saw a LOT of this type of thing from people smashing car windows in shopping center carparks to steal others groceries to people being mugged for the clothes they are wearing (left in undies!!!) Society has been heading downhill for a long long time and i cant see it getting any better any time soon. also seen a bloke get caught by the fuzz trying to steal a 250HP outboard from a guys boat in his frontyard while he watched tv inside!!!! CRAZY or STUPID or BOTH!!

Next time I'd be leaving a nice fish with something extra in it for the thieves. must be something out there you could inject in that would make them crook for a week or two.

Just a thought..

I really don't get losers that do petty stuff like this, I mean seriously what are they thinking? I can understand a criminal robbing a bank, stealing money (not saying I approve of it just I can see a motive). But stealing a fish and half a bottle of water? What's with that?

I manage a small bus company and we suffer petty vandalism and theft on a regular basis, I just don't understand what's going on in these peoples heads.
    | Savage Kestral with Evinrude 9.9 --> Stacer 3.9 with Yamaha 15 --> Polycraft 4.55 CC with Honda 50 --> Ally Craft Reel Mate 4.25 with Yamaha 3 cylinder 30 horse --> Hmmm what next? |