Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Camping/Tent Shops

Camping/Tent Shops

I am looking for a new tent. Couple requirements. Must be able to sleep 2 comfortably. Must be able to stand in it. Must have a bit of extra space to cook in bad weather. Not interested in the big money ones like Black Wolf. But I still want decent quality. Don't want something that has to be carried on the roof.

But - the biggest problem is finding camping shops that have a large range. Can I get some suggestions please on camping stores with quite large displays please - preferably North Brissy to the Sunny Coast.
    Cheers

Re: Camping/Tent Shops

Downunder camping usually have a big range with quite a few on display. No shops on northside though.
    Tentworld at Windsor is good (although I haven't been for quite a while).

I don't know what's further north.
    Anaconda can be good when they have specials. I'm not a fan of their "spinifex" brand gear though.

Camping world at wises road in buderim are good

We had a Sportiva double dome tent for many years, well priced and was reliable, got too small as the two kids got bigger so we went to a cabin style tent.
    Not really good for shelter for cooking though, we used to use a free standing gazebo out the front, and eventually went to a silver durarig tarp over the entire set up which provided really good shelter.

Cheers
    "Mystique" Haines Signature 580BR with 175 of Mr Suzuki's finest ponies

You are getting to be a wimp whats wrong with the one you have
    there is also rays outdoors at morayfield and opening up on the sunshine coast soon if not already open they are the new offshoot of bcf that they brought also BCF and there is outback adventures in morayfield that has a lot of tents set up upstairs
    you looking for a new on for our trip mate just get if snore proof and fart proof you will be right lol

shane

Quote Originally Posted by robersl View Post
    you looking for a new on for our trip mate just get if snore proof and fart proof you will be right lol

shane
    I need something bigger in case you want to cuddle up with me

Quote Originally Posted by gunna View Post
    I need something bigger in case you want to cuddle up with me
    No chance of that you wouldn't even give me a back rub last trip up the dam so what chance have i got of a cuddle
    and rays outdoors is rothwell not morayfield sign up and get 6 percent offyour purchases in store they may even be online

shane

Down Under at Enoggera ( Pickering St) have a good range of tents with quite a few set up so you can see what they are like.

The DMH brand they sell are pretty good quality and the price won't burn a hole in your pocket.I have had mine for 12 years and still going strong.

Cheers Dazza

Quote Originally Posted by 2DKnBJ View Post
    Down Under at Enoggera
    I'll second that

tentworld at windsor is really good but a bit of a hike from the sunny coast, but outback adventures at morayfield is great too

Hi
    Have to agee with Paddles
    go see Vinnie and the boys at outback

lol
    Ronnie

Quote Originally Posted by robersl View Post
    You are getting to be a wimp whats wrong with the one you have
    there is also rays outdoors at morayfield and opening up on the sunshine coast soon if not already open they are the new offshoot of bcf that they brought also BCF and there is outback adventures in morayfield that has a lot of tents set up upstairs

shane
    Rays outdoors where exactly are they in Morayfield Shane?
    I've never heard of them before.
    neil

I just buy the Spinifex brand from Anaconda. When it only costs around $250, you can buy a new one every year and not worry about it...but have had the tent for 3 years now and no dramas

don't worry Pete, I won't ask any questions about you and Shane...back rubs and cuddles.

mate i recently brought a tent from kmart in the sunshine plaza, i can see it now KMART wtf, im stocked with the quality and price of it. they have lots of styles and designs and as far as displays they have the minature ones wich give you a good idea of layout. to buy the similar tent from camping shops you would be paying acouple hundred more, worth a look.

cheers jp