Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rum City Spaniards !!

Re: Rum City Spaniards !!

Thanks guys for your comments !!

And yes they are good eating, we love them !

I'm thick skinned JB and enjoy the banter, So no need to edit your original post !
    Might snip off some of the beard to add to the next lot of rigs we make up. Hairy McStewart's !!!

Will see if I can find a pick of the rig or I'll have a go at doing a sketch or diagram.

The Spanish seem to be off Bundy all year round but come a few hrs south to our waters and we would give anything to catch a few each season (Dec - May).

Jono, Andy likes catching anything that swims.........spinning for the smaller species of Mackerel is just as much fun.

Thanks Barry, will be more than happy to do some tackle testing with new gear. I'll be in touch.

Yes Buggy, I still have your 2 shirts, your too skinny for me !!

Horse, we were back to the south of the Banana Gutter (east of 1770), I think Andy got the marks from the guys at tackleworld in Bundy. Freely available with any purchase !!

Nice to hear from you Mono, yes mate with all the record rainfall up here the paddock has been good to me. Need a drought or a beer strike to help shed a few kg's.

Regards
    Craigie.

Great spanos there mate! How was the water clarity? Do you encounter much current out at Banana? Great haul mate.

cuzza

great fish. . . wish i had a mate called andy!
    cheers

G'day Cuzza,

Water clarity was o.k, certainly out of the reaches of the dirty fresh run-off. I guess there is some current but don't really notice it as we are sometimes the only boat out there so no reference point with other boats. As we never anchor we just troll, current is not an issue.
    The spot is called the "5 degree", talk to Tackleworld in Bundy for more detail......

Cheers
    C.

Thanks heaps, Craigie. Yeah, trolling seems to be the way to go, especially in other areas where current is a nightmare. Great result, mate.

Cuzza

Great feed of Mackies there...well done

Mrs Benno1
    Sunny