Thread: New member - North Brisbane

New member - North Brisbane

Hey Fella's and lady anglers...

Have moved here from the 'Old dark' with my lovely Aussie wife of 10 years. I was (and still am) a keen fisherman, but now having to get used to a different style and different species of fish, which is brilliant! Have fished a couple of beaches and jetties but would like to know more about fishing costal Queensland and also inland spots.

I have a limited amount of tackle (some I brought with me and a few new pieces) but am willing to try new idea's, rig's etc. Have only ever done a few wreck fishing trips back in the UK out in the Channel, so would really like the opportunity to get out on a boat here and experience the sea fishing.

Any tips, recommendations, tackle suggestions, locations, etc would be extremely helpful.

Thanks and looking forward to some screaming reels.

Col

Re: New member - North Brisbane

Hi Col,
    where in Brisbane are you living..some members in that area may be able to help you out.

It probably wouldn't hurt to get yourself a copy of what fish you can keep and the legal lengths etc. You can get them from most tackle shops.

In particular, if you land a great white, you have to get them off the hook and let them swim away..................

TOL

now u tell me that tol.