Thread: jigging last sunday

jigging last sunday

hey guys i know im a little late but hey

went jigging last weekend off evans head with a couple of mates aboard his 6.9 centre cab. first off we headed to the snapper grounds in around 50m of water where we quickly landed a few reds to around 5kg before being raped by rat kings. decided to drop a jig down to see if there were any better kings amongst them which revealed a few around the 8kg mark. packed up after having a few more drifts and headed to the 48's for some more kings and hopefully the odd amberjack, well it didnt dissapoint with every drift supplying a double or triple hookup. our weapons of choice being stella 20000 and daiwa ishidai's on live fibre venom and t-curve rods were more than up to the task any way headed back to the bar by 2pm with arms a few inches longer all up boated around 60-70 kings to 16kg kept one each and released the rest, anyway here are some pics hope you all enjoy.

cheers

Re: jigging last sunday

Good to get a report from that area Byron , was done your way a few weeks ago and was very impressed.

Great action shots !

cheers Jmmy

l LOOKS LIKE A LOT OF FUN

yeah thanks capt where abouts do u live? the rods were a mix of t curve or better known as a broom stick maria's and the wilson live fibre venom's which were a dream to use just bought a catalina 90-180 for my stella 4000 which should be interesting for the shallow reefs

a couple more shots including one of the live fibre 350's fully loaded

Mate awesome stuff!!!!
    Looks like like a great way to strengthen your core muscles too!

I don't think I've ever seen Angry Joe smile that big......ha ha.

Dousty certainly doesn't mess around with the quality of gear on his boat, great work.

Brett

thats some wild rod bending there bloke top stuff mate would of have beenmad fun

Quote Originally Posted by Blane11 View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen Angry Joe smile that big......ha ha.

Dousty certainly doesn't mess around with the quality of gear on his boat, great work.

Brett
    yeah bret good old dousty i met him the thursday before we went out lol went and got myself one of the venom rods today ready for my next dousty adventure

Looks like some fun arm stretching going on there!!! Thanks for the report and pics!

Anthony

Jigging certainly is fun, in small doses. Good to see what others are getting in their neck of the woods. Cheers for the read and pics.

Wal

Quote Originally Posted by jarhead View Post
    Jigging certainly is fun, in small doses. Good to see what others are getting in their neck of the woods. Cheers for the read and pics.

Wal
    yeah mate we jigged pretty much non stop from 7am till 3pm was hard work and felt it the next day