Thread: Banks - Saturday

Banks - Saturday

Light NE about 10 knots - a bit lumpy - so trip out at 4am was 30kph.

Water was 23.7 deg and no current so light lead and floating pillies down a burley trail.

Mutton birds became a real pest at one spot but with an 8km move they didn't follow thank goodness.

Did see a school of about 10 mahi mahi circle the boat so good to have some pelalgics about.

We got most fish early and finished up by late morning.

A nice day out and a good feed.

I got the pearlie, cod and jobfish. Had pearlie and jobfish last night - yum. Cod tonight

Mate and his son got wrasse, small AJ, pearlie, moses perch.

Tried the 80m line couldn't find any show and drifted for half hour without a bite - so no snappers this time but happy with our catch anyway.
    Cheers

Trev

Re: Banks - Saturday

Trevor

Great report. When I am up your way next, I will be sure to get some pointers.

How far out is the Banks?

Many thanks for the tips you gave me configuring my new Noble rig.

PeterG

Do not stress about the Mutton birds. I was out off Noosa last weekend and got mauled by them 12 mile out. My brother in law also got whacked off Scotts Head NSW so it appears to be a common problem. We got rid of them with using decoy pillies that gave us enough time to get the bait down.y

If anyone wants to know who NOT to go on a fishing charter with in Noosa, PM me for details.

PeterG

good on ya mate, it was alittle bumpy out there on sunday too but still plesant. those birds are a real pest at times, i hear there good eating .

cheers
    jp

Thanks and no worries Peter - but as you can see I am no snapper expert for the Banks.

The Banks is ENE about 45km off Maloolaba. It sits parallel to the coast and is a about 10kmto 15km long. Trip out took about 90 minutes trip back took near an hour. Fuel burn on 175 Suz 4 stroke about 90 litres.

Jason yes I am told the Mutton bird tastes like well "Mutton" I know at Lady Musgrave where they breed the tiger sharks patrol the reef edge waiting for a new flyer to clumsily try his luck and become a meal
    Cheers

Trev

sounds like a ok trip. good report
    planning the next onslaught 6.5m Profish
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]