Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Big Swimbaits from USA for barra

Re: Big Swimbaits from USA for barra

Ive just been on Cabela's website lookin at their swimbaits, cant wait to get ther in the Fort Worth store! I will need to rob a bank I think!
    Flatzie

Check out Tackle Warehouse in the US for a lot of great swimbaits. I've often wondered why the Barra fishos were not getting onto them earlier. Some look a dead ringer for a Boney Bream
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    Nice looking lure Kyle, what sort of $$ are they???...very worth while lure by the looks. I reckon salt water barra would climb all over them in the shallows, like the cod. very mullet like.

Cheers Steve
    G'day steve,
    You can get them landed for about $20 from shimreels i think that is good value for a quality japanese swimbait or any jackall. I think you are spot on about the saltwater barra, i had them in mind for a trip to gove i did in august but silly me left them in my cod lure box .
    The whirlwind is in the thorn tree, and its hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

Quote Originally Posted by Horse View Post
    Check out Tackle Warehouse in the US for a lot of great swimbaits. I've often wondered why the Barra fishos were not getting onto them earlier. Some look a dead ringer for a Boney Bream
    You'll be surprised at what the impoundment guys have tried - Exactly what you thought ..... look like boney bream - some like gar!
    Funnily - most guys that I've spoken to - who have used them all report inconsistent to poor results - I'm the same
    Yet - heaps fish X Raps or slick rigs , storm shads etc etc and have good results.
    I dont know what is is about them ....... maybe we dont fish them well

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Your not wrong there horse. Can't wait to get up to mondy and throw this little beauty around. An Izumi shad alive. Hook upgrade is definately in order though. Ben

Chris
    Which Xraps are people fishing, shallow divers?
    Flatzie

[quote=flatzie;1220775]Chris
    Which Xraps are people fishing, shallow divers?

XR12s/SXR12s

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Thanks Chris
    Flatzie

Hey Flatzie whilst you are over there stock up on a heap of owner trebles and split rings as they are so cheap.

Cheers

Lee

Flatzie,

If you think the yanks have lure, google up some jap fishing websites, like the one Kyle suggeted shimreel, sushilures and I found another last night, but the name escapes me...samuri something..they blow the yank lures out of the water for quality and finish (like all the jap gear)..I have bought a couple of normal prices swimbaits from US, and rate them on par with our stuff for the same price.

There is plenty of fellas here that experiment with lures for USA and Japan etc, so far I only have a few, but the ones I do are pretty sweet. I am a bit of a tight ass, and bork at spending the $$$ without seeing and feeling a lure sometimes.!! ..but I am going to shout myself a few jap topwater and swimbaits over the next few months for a trip to NT next year.

Cheers Steve
    I dont have ADHD......ohh look a squirrell !!!

Quote Originally Posted by leelee View Post
    Hey Flatzie whilst you are over there stock up on a heap of owner trebles and split rings as they are so cheap.

Cheers

Lee

Good tip!!!

& Braid
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Thanks heaps for all the advice! Im in Orlando next Thursday and then in Fort Worth Texas following week.
    Bass pro in both locations and Cabelas in Ft Worth.
    Ive been to both on afew occasions they are pretty amazing places, massive, makes the old BCF look like a tiny corner store no exaggeration!
    Oh and if you really want to cry, you go and check out the boat section, you cannot believe how much cheaper awesome new boats are over there, make a grown man weep!
    Last time at Cabelas, 17ft double plate Aluminium boats decked right out with 90 hp Fourstrokes, $17,000. Ouch!

Cheers
    Flatzie

Have hit Bass Pro in Orlando, stocked up with Spros, Xraps, and other great suspending lures, Scum frogs,(an arsenal for Robersl as well) Storm Suspending Swimshads etc some Luckycraft Chris recod. Well made lures!
    Am also excited about a system which they use over here for big Redfish, more on that later, very novel!
    Hit Cabelas at Dallas tomorrow, there are not a lot of big muskie lures down here as those fish are up north in USA.
    Got some great downsized Power Mullets which I think will be killers in saltwater.
    Miles of big SP swim shads here as well, they all look yummy!
    So far so good.
    Cheers
    Flatzie