Thread: Avet and Talica similarities

Avet and Talica similarities

Just saw a schematic of the new Talica 8 two speed and part of the AR system is the same friction type wheel as Avet uses now.
    Talica 8 two speed has 2 different types of pawl running on the same ratchet with no roller bearing present.
    I think the single speed Talica has a roller bearing, but havn`t seen a schematic for it yet.
    Very interesting stuff indeed!
    Last edited by reggy; 30-10-2010 at 09:44 AM. Reason: new info

Re: Avet and Talica similarities

No, I couldnt find a Anti Reverse bearing either.
    The 8 and 10 single speed has the friction washer, single dog on the spool shaft/pinion gear and the 12 and 16 single speed has the double dog system under the main gear. Sounds like the two speeds are the same as the single speeds.

Diabolical,

The single-speed Talicas have infinite anti-reverses (I tried one in a shop), which should mean they have one-way roller bearings. The two speeds do not have infinite anti-reverses (as I've already said on an earlier post) - their handles can move backwards slightly.

I haven't been able to find a schematic online for the single-speed Talicas, so it's great to hear that the single-speed Talica 12 (which I'm still considering buying) has two anti-reverse pawls, like the two-speed Talica 12. Thanks for that.

This sounds like the same design differences as the new single-speed and two-speed Saltigas. I bought a Saltiga LD20HS single-speed (the smallest one) a couple of weeks ago, and it has a one-way roller bearing and only a single anti-reverse pawl/dog. My schematics also show the two-speed 20 & 30 reels - they have no roller bearings and only a single anti-reverse pawl, which is on the spool shaft like the smaller Talicas, rather than on the drive shaft under the main gear.

Brent.

Hi Brent,
    I have had a Talica 8 single speed for about a month. The reel certainly feels as if it has a one way roller bearing but short of pulling the reel apart nothing else supports that. The Anti Reverse Pawl Spring(#1517) and friction washer(#1516) is the same style as the Avet SX only slighty more refined, this accounts for the different feel between the 8/10 and the 12/16 with the double dog system.

Diabolical,

I don't suppose you could scan and post your Talica schematics? No? Oh well.

On their schematics, Shimano and Daiwa call their one-way roller bearings "roller clutch bearings".

Nowhere on the internet are there any Talica schematics - you would think that, with thousands sold worldwide, someone would have posted them. The Talica schematics are strangely absent from the US and Australian Shimano websites. The Saltiga lever drag schematics are also missing from Daiwa websites, but at least that might be because they are still so new.

Brent.

sorry no scanner

The roller clutch bearing shows up in the torium quite clearly but when it comes to the talica and even the torsa nothing distinguishs it from the other ball bearings in the schematics.