Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: $50,000 FINES no thanks!

Re: $50,000 FINES no thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by finga View Post
    A question for you if I may Mr Oyster Grower..
    Are the responses here the responses you were expecting to receive??
    Yes, thanks to all the boaties that have responded.

This just proves to us, we need to lobby the Government more to promote their own Laws and Rules.

It also suggest that as an association we need to keep the message going, obviously many had not heard of the new fines. Or understood the extended problems created by stealing from local struggling oyster growers.

As if it wasn't hard enough to make a living with all that mother nature can throw at you, we have to put up with theft as well. Cheers to all and tell your friends a deal on 'cheap oysters' bought in a pub, probably were stolen and it's not just a low act, it could put some small growers right out of business.

Re: $50,000 FINES no thanks!

Oyster Grower thanks for the info on QX. You listed a far few foes in the trade. My family were apple and cherry growers in Orange NSW. I know that when the mice hit the locusts would come and the bloody cocky's kept having their chew and just too bring more tears the frosts would destroy, pretty much your whole crop. So I can honestly say I've felt the pain and dissapointment when Nature throws a wobbly.
    But fair dinkum you blokes suffer the double wammy. Heads up and straight forward here's too a brighter future with a solution that's just around the corner.

Cheers
    Gav.
    "If I am going too burn time let it be holding my rod. For when it is time to lay me at rest let it be a Viking burial at it's best. Give back for what I have Taken."