Thread: Idea for a trip next year.. march 2011

Idea for a trip next year.. march 2011

Hey Everyone,
    Looking for a a little bit of advice/ideas for a trip I am planning next year. Will give you guys a bit of info etc and see what everyone reckons..

Looking to head north from Brissie in March next year for a couple of weeks. I have a troopcarrier and looking to tow my boat as well... The boat is a quinnie 4.2 with a 35 johnno on.. Will be taking my gf as well and at this stage a mate his wife and a toddler will be along for the ride.. They are pretty set up with a navara and good off road camper trailer...

Fishing is on the cards but with everyone in tow looking to take down the serious fishing side a tad.. Have travelled to the cape etc a couple of times but really not sure on where to head for this trip... Looking from mackay south at this stage..

Wondering if anyone can point us to a spot that is worth stopping and having a look at for a few days... We all tend to like a bit of private space etc and don't mind a trip to fraser etc but we are looking to broaden our horizons this time..

I do know I few spots but looking for something that you won't find in touring austarlia books that would be worth a look.. even if anyone wanted to PM aI would really appreaciate it...

Thanks in advance guys

Andy

Re: Idea for a trip next year.. march 2011

How about Middle Creek campground in Eurimbula National Park which is just north of Agnes Waters.

http://www.derm.qld.gov.au/parks/eur...nks/index.html

Check it out on Google Earth - it's a nice spot. Ok for the camper trailer and good fishing opportunities with the tinnie.

Regards
    Brad
    What would Steve do?

fortes fortuna adjuvat

or try turkey beach and surrounds on the other side of bustard head

what about 5 rocks just north of yeppoon