Thread: FTD Goldie Tuesday

FTD Goldie Tuesday

Quick report. Went with Fish The Deep today and as Matt was unexpectedly unable to skipper he 'borrowed' Gavin of 'Sea Probe fame to do the booking on Careel.

Well quality shows through, and Gavin gave us a good day out with the fish not showing any real enthusiasm for livies, flesh baits or anything else.

We stayed mainly on the 50's SE of the Seaway and caught some of all the expected fish at the various marks i.e. Aj's, KF, huge Pearlies and giant Trag, some nice squire and a few unmentionables - but it was hard work on all the methods, livies, floatlines, bottom rigs and jigs. No easy bag outs today.

9 on board, lots of fuel burnt in searching for fish, and good humour all round. Everyone went home with a good feed of fish so well done Gavin for standing in for Matt and keeping the clients very happy. Thanks also to AJ the deckie for working hard as usual and keeping everyones spirits up during the 'dead zones'.

There is no doubt that November's 'fishing' is upon us already with fish getting harder to come by as each day passes. Time to give it up until after Xmas perhaps?
    Cheers
    Plato

Re: FTD Goldie Tuesday

hey plato did u get that kingie mate or is it still swimming..least the weather played the game for ya mate
    cheers rosco

Quote Originally Posted by Platitudinus View Post
    Time to give it up until after Xmas perhaps?
    Hell no!!!!!

Hey Rosco;
    The Kingie with my name on it is still swimming but I am rapidly depleting the AJ population on the 50's.

Brent - You must admit that its slowing down a little after the best season for AJ's and KF for years! I am going to give it a rest anyway but Matt and Adrian have a hotline to me in case it fires up again. Dollies next and then the Spannos - tasty tucker but more in volume after Xmas perhaps. LOL

Plato