Thread: New Shimano Stradic Scl4 Any Good

New Shimano Stradic Scl4 Any Good

Hey Guys Im just in the Market For a New Spinning Reel for flicking lures at bass and togas also will be chasing trevally.
    Just Curious on how the New Stradic Sc l4 2500 or 3000 models would handle these species would be spooled up with 6lb braid.
    And also maybe a comparison from the FI Model Stradic.

Any Sort of feedback on this reel is highly appreciated.

Thanks

Bronson

Re: New Shimano Stradic Scl4 Any Good

I've got both the 1000 and 2500 ci4's, I've only used the 2500 but it's pulled in snapper upto 60cm on 6lb. It's a great reel and performs just as well as the Fi but feels better in the hand because of the weight difference. Team it up with a nice lite rod and you'll be casting all day.

Mate I have the 1000 model running 2lb braid,, Mainly a Bream/Flathead combo, Very lightweight with the carbon infusion as said, teamed up with a nice light stick, you will have a combo you wont put down. Drag runs real smooth aswell.
    "True Blue"

I just took delivery of the 2500 model and for what you want it for I recon that would be ample. Havent used it yet but i cant wait (but i will have to as i dont have a rod for it yet ) as it is so light and so smooth.

If your after one dont rule out ebay as i got mine delivered from the US for about the same price i was going to pay here for the standard stradic.
    "It's not a sport if the other team doesn't want to play"

F.R.

Brisbane Roar 2010/2011 Champions!!

there great! I have the 1000 and im now looking for the 2500. I paired mine with a tcurve flight series 1-4kg on sale at ######## for $199. Great combo!

Thanks To all for your input.I will be buying 2 online very shortly.

Thanks Again

bron

I am awaiting delivery of two reels from the states.
    with the current aussie dollar, how could you resist.
    should be arriving this week.

cannot wait!

jason.
    FISHING IS NOT A HOBBY...................IT'S AN OBSESSION!!

Great to see so many praising about the Stradic Ci4. I've also got the 1000 reel ($100 off), and it is very very nice/light in hand. Teamed up with a Pflueger Trion 1-3kg and feels like holding nothing!!! The 2500 and bigger reels should be good too, with a lot of power in the drag but I do prefer the normal Stradics handle (more grip/grunt).

Ive got the 2500 and I like it.No dramas yet.

Toddy

Yep My 2500 model has served me very well as of a lately. Yet to test it on Anything too big but i no it will handle any fish thats wants a go.

cheers bron

Had a 1000 and a 2500... Great reels. Sold them both when I bought the Steez. I miss the 1000 the most. I wish I didn't sell it.