Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fishing with the Dudds

Fishing with the Dudds with Added Vid

Been chatting on and off with The Shiek of the Creek for a while now and it was decided for us to have a fish together with his mates Boobs and Skipper. So weather looked a bit ordinary but we talked ourselves into heading out on Saturday afternoon for an overnighter to see if it would drop enuff off for a fish on the ferns for a Red. My self Sheik Boobs Skipper and my right hand offsider my daughter Lou loaded up with a thousand rods and reels placed strategically around the boat so we could all fit in and headed off. Sloppy it was but we don't mind sloppy as our first port of call was top chase up a squid or two. Well we scored 4 pretty well straight up and we headed to some protection to get out of the 17 odd knots of SE before dark.
    Darkness come and nothing was happening on the fishing front and for the next couple hours till about 10 pm we moved about to a few places with no fish cept for some sharks . Bed time was called for and after a sloppy spot in some swell we moved in behind North Keppel on one of the beaches for a well deserved sleep.
    Dawn came with one of my mates calling us to tell us weather was looking good ........So we headed to the Red grounds: Travelled about 2 km and thought buggar that . So a trolling we went . Mate called us and we headed to where he was for the Spano's were on the chew.
    Out went the Lures and we ended up with some nice spano's and a tuna for our trouble. The boys had a ball on the gear with the lures and even managed 2 spotties.

The chew went off but the esky looked good after lastnights effort.
    One more stop on way home for a quick bottom bash turned out trumps with Shiek hooking a nice tuskie and a beautiful Cobia on the daughters rod that she left in the rod holder that i had to pull in but she called it her fish so we had to relent and give her the crown .

Have some good film from the trip and will post video when i get a chance.
    Had a ball with the boys and if anyone gets a chance to meet them they are a incredible easy going laugh a minute bunch of mates..............
    Cheers JT
    Last edited by jtpython; 07-11-2010 at 10:01 AM. Reason: Added Vid
    VHF CHANNEL 21
    CALL SIGN : JT OR SC552(social club member)

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot

I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges

Up here we Use Hussar as baits for real RED FISHS (SHSIIFDER)

Re: Fishing with the Dudds

and ya done it again ....lol goog score aye some top fish there...
    we have to do a trip hey...

cheers mate

How did the single-hooked lures go mate?

They went awesome.........................In my tackle box . Had some newones colours to trail so gave them a bash
    VHF CHANNEL 21

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot

excellent report mate and some top fish in there as well. What weight did the cobe go?? lookd like a cracker . How much effect has the fitzroy river fresh had on the islands and surrounding area?? Also just hope I can get my daughter keen on the fishing seen like yours is

cheers from boony
    Fishing can be defined as "A jerk on one end of the rod, waiting for a jerk on the other".
    "Fishing was around along time before you darling"

JT the daughter looks well pleased with her Cobe! Good one.

jt she looks proud of that.....great effort
    planning the next onslaught 6.5m Profish
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

nice one jt. lou looks very proud,lol she dosnt mind the blood and guts either,thats they way to birng em up.

cheers jp

top stuff JT and co

so you can get spanish all year round up there?

cheers Murf

She was up the boys and telling them how to fish lol. Water was dirty but big tides so spano's were about thank god. We weighed the cobe on a shitty set of scales showed it at 15 kg but i got one smaller then it weighed in at a tackle shop at 16 kg i guessed him at 22 kg but no proper scales to prove it
    JT
    Murf this is Queensland country we get quality all year round
    VHF CHANNEL 21

Where were they JT?. Keppells or north

Jt,

Great to see your daughter loving her fishing. Mine are 22 and 26, when they come home (not often enough) we fish as much as the leader of the opposition will allow.

It is nice to have that special father and daughter thing still going and the youngest has even got her boyfriend into fishing in a big way.

Top report thanks!

Rob

Mine would hope she doesn't bring her boyfriend fishing .............. If you know what i mean lol
    VHF CHANNEL 21

Quote Originally Posted by wags on the water View Post
    How did the single-hooked lures go mate?
    Wags the single hooks didn't get a run but those flies worked on everything, they were brilliant. You know hte ones I mean? JT...explain to him.

One more stop on way home for a quick bottom bash turned out trumps with Shiek hooking a nice tuskie and a beautiful Cobia on the daughters rod that she left in the rod holder that i had to pull in but she called it her fish so we had to relent and give her the crown.
    Too right she got the crown and she deserved it. What a champion Lou is. I can't speak highly enough of Lou and what a lovely kid she is. A credit to you JT. As skipper said on the way home, if you could only bottle what she's got and give to some of the other little tu*rds around the place...
    Boobs and Skipper and I had a blast mate. Thanks for the trip, we'll be up again sometime soon. This time hopefully the weather gods will play the game and we'll get wide and red. Bit like me really.