Thread: cork grip has a crack/split in it, how do I repair it?

cork grip has a crack/split in it, how do I repair it?

Hi there,

My 1-3kg T curve has a split about 3" long on the forgrip. It is not along the join of two cork rings, but closer to the middle of one.

I have no idea on what glue to use or how to keep it clamped together whilst the glue dries.

Suggestions gratefully appreciated.

Thank you,

Matt.

Re: cork grip has a crack/split in it, how do I repair it?

hi Matt,
    I'd fill it with silicon glue and then wind stiky tape around to keep it together.
    I did this with a black pistol grip rod.
    randell

Matt - any chance of putting a pic of the split in the post - give us a better idea of how to fix it. It should be easy to fix - just need to know what method to advise.

Greg

I usually use superglue via a hypodermic needle to put the glue down deep then use glad wrap with cooking spray on ut to squeeze the grip closed for a minute or so then just wash off the cooking spray. Secret is to get the glue deep and not on the surface. If you do get glue on the surface a light sand with wet and dry paper will remove it leaving a hairline of glue where the split was.
    Jack.

I would be using epoxy glue. Wind electrical tape around the grip very tightly and leave it for a couple of hours. A bit of maskin of the are can save a lot of cleaning afterwards.
    With a T-Curve I would be taking it back to your dealer and letting them have a look at it
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Hmm thanks all.. food for thought.

I bought the rod second hand.. I'll contact the previous owner and see if he has the receipt. That said, it very well could have been purchased overseas.