Thread: NORFOLK Is

Smile NORFOLK Is

Heading out to Norfolk Is in a couple of weeks for a week R&R with the Boss.
    Have a leave pass to go fishing, WOOHOO!!!, on the condition I bring back a feed for the group. No pressure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Has any-one been, tried any of the charters or fished locally there?
    Advise would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance
    Frank

Re: NORFOLK Is

Frank,

I visited the island a couple of years ago. Cannot remember the charter company that I went out with. It is very interesting launching the boat, make sure the"Boss" has a movie camera handy. Caught mainly sweet lip. The charter crew like to keep the catch and sell in town. When I asked to keep a couple of fish for tea that night, I received a rather dirty look and was told that I had to clean them myself.

Take plenty of cash with you, as there are a couple of tackle stores and everything thing is tax free.

Enjoy your trip, a lovley place to go to.
    Tight Lines

Split-shot

Thumbs up Re: NORFOLK Is

We went to Norfolk in May last year. The fishing was incredible but the weather is unpredictable. Unlike Split-shot we had no problem at all taking a feed of fish home and yes, you definitely need a video camera for the boat launching. It would be worth it for the boss to go down & have a look whether he's into fishing or not.

We went out with Darren Bates and can recommend him to anyone. Great bloke to talk to and knows what he's doing. Wait until you see his sinkers!

Advance Fishing and Cruising
    Ph: +67 2323363
    Email: advancefishing@norfolk.nf

Would recommend sending a quick email a few weeks before you go just to let him know you're interested & what dates etc. etc. & then ring him when you get to the island - sooner rather than later. As I said, the weather is unpredictable & you have to basically play it by ear as to when & where they will go.

You'll have a blast if you get out....

Re: NORFOLK Is

Thanks guys!
    Have ha d a look at the launching procedure!! I'll never complain about a ramp again!