Thread: Shimano Tld 5/10 Shimano Tss2/3

Shimano Tld 5/10 Shimano Tss2/3

Can Any One Tell Me About Shimano Tld 5 And Tld 10 . As Well As Tss 2 And Tss 3 . I Have The Larger Models And Saw Some On E-bay At The Moment And Did Not Know They Made Them That Small

Re: Shimano Tld 5/10 Shimano Tss2/3

yep, TLD5 is a tiny lever drag reel, my mate has one, pretty cute really, I used it once, seemed to be OK.

not much to tell just smaller versions not many left these days.

what would they be worth , they do look a great reel

I think their value will be sort of high, simply because of the "novelty value" not a lot of them about these days, mind you, there is not a lot of call for them either (thats why they didn't make them for long I guess)

Bit of a collector's item mate, I've got a TLD 5 that's seen a lot of use.

They are a great little reel and are a bit of a rarity.

Any bids on them?
    Check out my boat for sale in the classifieds

• 469 Stacer open Seahorse/Nomad
    • 50hp 4 stroke tiller Mercury
    • Heaps of extras, in top condition
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I watched a TLD 10 on ebay a few months back, just to see what it would sell for - about $160, if I remember right.

First class reels that have been out of production since about 1990 and are now almost collectors items that get good prices. The TLD 15 bearings and handles fit the 5 and 10, so no problems keeping them going.

Cheers, Rog

Tld5's are up there with the best lever drag game reels ever made for light line classes(3kg &4kg). What stands them apart from latter day reels is the drag gradient from freespool to strike drag. Most of the modern lever drags are made with high drag pressures so when you try and set them for a strike drag of 1kg, the pressure as you move from freespool to strike drag is not linear. I have 3 in good working order that I use regularly and another one for spare parts. Have searched for something newer to replace them but have not found anything to match or better them. Expect to pay up to $200 for one in vgc. Mate picked up one unused earlier this year but won't let me near his display cabinet in his lounge room now. I don't know why he doen't trust me. As far as the smaller TSS reels, I have only seen a TSS 3. Just a smaller version of the TSS 4. Probably even rarer than the TLD 5's and 10's. Have not seen many advetised around the place. The TSS's would probably be only collectors reels now as I am sure there are more modern high speed spin reels in their line capacity that would be smoother winding and with better drags. Both the Tld's and TSS's from that era were made in Japan and were a quality product.

Jeff.
    Quality is still delivering long after you have forgotten the price.