Thread: Seqwater signage ?

Seqwater signage ?

Recently at Lake MacDonald signage was put up stating that the area is only open between the hours of 6am to 6pm ! So I am assuming that this means all of the Seqwater owned things including the lake the boatramps,BBQs picnic areas etc. Therefore only fishing between these hours ? Here at Lake MacDonald we in summer get a really good surface bit which stops about an hour after sun up during summer that is around about 4:30 to 6am ( so we will miss that !) then again at night the sun doesn't go down until 7:15pm so miss that time as well !!
    I am just wondering if signage has been put up on any other of the Seqwater owned dams/lakes ???????? And if so what they say.
    Paul
    PS - there is nothing at the moment to stop us fishing early ( NO gates or chains/bullords) ! BUT the signage does say that Seqwater has the right to stop anyone that they thing is doing the wrong thing.
    I don't know if I continue to launch/fish early whether that will give them a reason to put up gates across the boatramps ?? I hope not.

Re: Seqwater signage ?

I believe gates are being fitted at Borumba

Damm Mike, that would put a real dent into Borumba's fishing as well.

Steve

SEQ water is a private organisation right? What powers do they really have? DO they actually own everything surrounding the dams?
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Sad thing is they're probably doing it to stop the few who make a big mess or destroy things after hours.
    Again it's the few bad ones who WILL spoil it for the rest of us.
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Probably cause of public liability and the idiots who turn up at the recreation areas late at night to smash beer bottles and do doughnuts in their cars.

From what I can find out the reason for the hours are because there is poor lighting so it is dangerous for people to be walking around these areas !!
    And I know that Seqwater are very concerned about anyone/anything to do with there insurance and liability !! ( to me without warrent !! )
    Paul

Same at Hinze too, the temp ramps east and west are closed after 6:00pm and open again at 6:00am due to constant vandalism, by a minority who probably aren't fisherman either.