Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Borumba Dam info please

Re: Borumba Dam info please

Hi Baz,
    Can I suggest trying a jerkbaitas well. I have had great success with these through the day (Jackall Squirrel D67 etc). Parrallel the casts along the edge of the weeds and give 5 to 10 seconds between twitches.
    Hang on because when they hit they absolutely smash it!

Bad_Bazza

Quote Originally Posted by Bud-dy View Post
    You may find that there are now GATES across the boatramp and they aren't opened until 6am then shut at 6pm !! A friend went out on the weekend and saw it for himself, I am gooing out tomorrow so will confirm for myself what the ***k is going on !!
    Paul

Gates, I didn't see any gates Just got back yesterday from a very enjoyable weekend at Borumba. Fishing was tough, managed to get 8 bass in 3 days on the water, no toga but that might be because i haven't got a clue about what i am doing I was on the water before 6am and off after 6pm and never had to ram any gates to do it Anyway now i am home i can concentrate my efforts on Awoonga. Itis terrible living 10 minutes from that boat ramp

Cheers Shaun

the gates were just what I heard about, BUT I have been out6 there yesterday and thats correct NO GATES just the signs saying open 6am to 6pm ! and they have blocked off half the top parking on the grass and put bumpers to park up again down in the bottom parking area !
    We caught bass on 1/4oz blades out in the main basin near the weedbank then headed up the Kingham arm to catch a 2kg yella ( on a black jackall ) and a few small bass ( 25 to 28cm) on jackalls in the trees around the second corner.
    Paul

Saratoga will certainly take surface lures, but you will catch alot more subsurface & have a much improved hookup ratio.
    Can get them on any type of lure you want really, cast, trolled or jigged.

Cheers,

fitz..
    Australian Lure & Fly Expo - Australia's largest ever gathering of Aussie lures under one roofwww.lureshow.com.au
    Australian Lure Shop - Get aussie made lures direct from the lure makers at www.australianlureshop.com.au

When - if - the gates do go in they are supposed to placed well before the ramp, somewhere between the camping ground and the lookout at the top of the hill. Borumba Bob should have some idea what's going on as he and Dawn are the only people living within 5k of the ramp and I recon he'll be the one who has to open and shut any gates if they're installed, that's unless they're automatic and on a timer.

I haven't heard any more about the gates BUT after the fishing the place all day Saturday I WON'T be going back there during a weekend OR school holidays !! The parking restrictions now in place are absolutely terrible AND thats with people doing the right thing and parking in the now allocated bays ! All it would need is for one or two people to park at the end not in a parking bay and the place will come to a stand still !! even now when all the parking bays were full it was almost impossible for bigger boat/trailers to turn around up the dam wall end of the parking area !!
    On the fishing front there were a lot of small ( 40 to 55 cm )TOGA caught ( particularly on bait ) I didn't get a bass hit for 8 hours of fishing up in the sticks anywhere !! I tried both arms ( the Kingham is clearer than the Yabba arm ) the only bass we could find where off the big weed bank in the middle of the dam some of the club members did get a few small bass trolling around in the main basin !!
    Paul

Yeah Paul, the turn at the end of the carpark can be a bit tight, but generally if everyone does the right thing it is do able. I found the biggest issue was if a long trailer rig was parked in the bay near the bottom shelter, there wasn't much room to squeeze by.

Steve