Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What tucker do you take out.

Re: What tucker do you take out.

Quote Originally Posted by onerabbit View Post
    I always like to take a packet of Sakata bickies or BBQ shapes,
    easy to grab a mouth-full when you are busy.....coffee is always a must ( although it nearly always gets spilt ).

"It would be nice to have a Mrs who lovingly prepares a nice lunch box but they are a rare breed down this way"

All that I can say is that you need to look further afield,

My Vietnamese wife is the best thing to ever happen to me, nothing is too hard or too much..........................
    she treats me like gold dust,

you wont get that from an Aussie girl, with a VERY few exceptions.

Muzz
    I got a good aussie girl.
    15 years and she has not broken either of the golden rules that were set from the day she moved in with me.

RULE 1: Never ever under any circumstances am I to be nagged. If I say I will be home at midnight and I get home at 4am, LIVE WITH IT and be happy for me cause I was obviously having a great time. I will mow the lawn, WHEN I AM READY.

RULE 2: If ya get fat, ya get single. 3 kids later and 15 years and she is still in great shape....
    My gorgeous wife also prepares everything for me, raises our 3 kids. Cleans the house and all that domestic stuff and, GET THIS, comes and does 4-5 hours a day in our business.
    Add to this, she puts up with me, and let me tell ya, that aint easy, and I reckon I done alright without having to import one

Oh she also has a great set of bolt on's. Oh, and she is 12 years younger than me....
    I CAME INTO THIS WORLD KICKING, SCREAMING AND COVERED IN SOMEONE ELSES BLOOD. I HAVE NO PROBLEM GOING OUT THE SAME WAY.
    NEWBY T.G.

Quote Originally Posted by onerabbit View Post
    I always like to take a packet of Sakata bickies or BBQ shapes,
    easy to grab a mouth-full when you are busy.....coffee is always a must ( although it nearly always gets spilt ).

"It would be nice to have a Mrs who lovingly prepares a nice lunch box but they are a rare breed down this way"

All that I can say is that you need to look further afield,

My Vietnamese wife is the best thing to ever happen to me, nothing is too hard or too much..........................
    she treats me like gold dust,

you wont get that from an Aussie girl, with a VERY few exceptions.

Muzz
    I have one of those exceptions also...she even chooses and buys the boats.(except for the tinny)

Breakfasts are always bacon egg and baked beans in ham sauce sandwiches.
    lunches are never cooked...Rolls with cheese, onion and tomato.
    Afternoon tea is normally a gourmet platter consisting of 3 or 4 types of cheese with 2 dips, stuffed olives, smoked oysters, cabanas, pickled cocktail onions and a large jar of very very salty anchovies.... Normally my 10yo son and I eat all the anchovies.
    And always always a kilo or 2 of Gladstone's finest, fresh caught, Red spot, Tigers or Huge banana prawns. Occasionally there is a crayfish or 2 on the platter too.
    Dinner is always a cooked meal of steak, or lamb chops or pork chops or as we will be having on Saturday night out at Wistari Reef, a Lamb Roast.
    Afternoon tea and dinners are always washed down with Tennessee's finest charcoal filtered, Single Barrel Jack Daniels.

Bring on Saturday....
    I CAME INTO THIS WORLD KICKING, SCREAMING AND COVERED IN SOMEONE ELSES BLOOD. I HAVE NO PROBLEM GOING OUT THE SAME WAY.
    NEWBY T.G.

Just me for a day - fruit (no bananas) and plenty of water. Perhaps a beer for the ride back. No damm museli bars - not since 1994.

If the kids are coming with me, then it is a different story (especially if the wife gets involved with the packing). Me - basically the above plus some sambos and less the beer. If the wife does it, she upends the kitchen into my boat!

Overnighters are a different story and involves nibblies (beer sticks - mmmmm) and port and rum and a main meal depending on where I am staying.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by NEWBY View Post
    Add to this, she puts up with me, and let me tell ya, that aint easy,..................................
    Got to give the lady full creds for this - an amazing effort Also you forgot to mention she is developing a great collection of beer coolers!

I generally just take bananas. They fill you up really well.

15 years and she has not broken either of the golden rules that were set from the day she moved in with me. [snip]
    RULE 2: If ya get fat, ya get single.
    Add to this, she puts up with me .
    You'd seriously divorce your wife if she got fat? I'm a gym junkie so I can't see myself getting chubby, but I'd like to think that my marriage doesn't hinge on the number I get on the scales.

I can't believe all the people who take bananas on the boat! Dave would flip out if I did that. The ol' marriage would be in trouble then...
    Yeah, some women actually know a thing or two about fishing. Who knew?
    http://alchemyfishing.blogspot.com.au/?m=1

Quote Originally Posted by sid_fishes View Post
    mate i must have one of those exceptions, cause i eat better when i,m on the boat than when im at home

ian
    She's probably glad to have you out of the house mate and packs a good feed so you don't come home early and hungry.

grab a hot chook , breadrolls from woolies and missus makes lovely salad rolls some nodose plus for over nighters and some burbons...
    iced coffee and pull up in calm waters in mornin bacon eggs for breeky and hot coffee, . day trips hot pie at servo when feulin up some chips to snack on and a sallad roll hang out for the coldie when get home ,,,,

Thermos of coffee (a must in winter or summer!), small esky with plenty of water and powerade, mars bars, BBQ shapes and either dry chips or cheese twisties...

Ausfish Platinum Member gr hilly's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    just for the day..a packlet of smokes and all is good.
    no need for food or drink.
    ya got me, i have to have my smokes after 45 yrs of lighting up the few years i got left will be enjoyed just the same a packet a day.

cheers Hilly

Quote Originally Posted by gr hilly View Post
    ya got me, i have to have my smokes after 45 yrs of lighting up the few years i got left will be enjoyed just the same a packet a day.

cheers Hilly
    Thats what my mate used to say. Went down to one lung and kept it up then went down to none and stopped.

Packet of chips for fishing.

Beer is for washing the boat. Sometimes the it takes a long time to wash the boat. Sometime the boat needs washing a few days during the week also.

Last trip all day up the creeks had fresh bread, lemon, salt n pepper, caught nice muddie, cooked on board, chilled, cleaned then on bread with lemon and pepper a cup of joy...oh and still catching fish as we cooked and ate, it was great

15 years and she has not broken either of the golden rules that were set from the day she moved in with me.

RULE 1: Never ever under any circumstances am I to be nagged. If I say I will be home at midnight and I get home at 4am, LIVE WITH IT and be happy for me cause I was obviously having a great time. I will mow the lawn, WHEN I AM READY.

RULE 2: If ya get fat, ya get single. 3 kids later and 15 years and she is still in great shape....
    My gorgeous wife also prepares everything for me, raises our 3 kids. Cleans the house and all that domestic stuff and, GET THIS, comes and does 4-5 hours a day in our business.
    Add to this, she puts up with me, and let me tell ya, that aint easy, and I reckon I done alright without having to import one

Oh she also has a great set of bolt on's. Oh, and she is 12 years younger than me....

Hmmm! Very macho! I am guessing that all the bananas on your boat are small ones.