Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ARK Submersible Trailer Lights

Re: ARK Submersible Trailer Lights

I recently bought a set of these Ark submersible trailer lights and had them fitted by a mate who is a sparky and they have leaked from day one. Will try the grommet with sealant as step one but was quite surprised as we followed all of the instructions and they leak like a sieve. How did yours go long term? Anyone else had issues with them? Best solutions found?

I have Narva LEDs. They blew an LED in the first week. New ones then fitted under warranty. Within a month 2 blew...pain because to replace requires a fair bit of work. Unless another goes I will wait until just before the 5 year warranty is up and have them replaced. Not impressed. The Submersalight I had on before them were good as gold for many years...standard bulbs. Cheers

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

I also had submersalights on but they had finally given up the ghost. So put these on as I wanted to be able to change the globes as per the old ones. So far they are absolutely hopeless! Hopefully I can find the leaking point??!!

My ebay LED lights have been submerged almost every weekend for nearly 2yrs now.......still no problem.
    Jack.

http://www.ledautolamps.com/combinat...ler-lamps.html

These have lasted for 8 years and still going strong.

Had Narva LEDs for 12 months.One light totally failed in this time.Called Narva and they replaced it no questions asked... very good service.Within months the stop light's failed on the same light.No more Narva's for me.

Quote Originally Posted by RayLamp View Post
    http://www.ledautolamps.com/combinat...ler-lamps.html

These have lasted for 8 years and still going strong.
    I have their other style (vertical design) which were factory fitted on my trailer, 1.5 years old and I just replaced one of them today. Not pleased it failed, but rather lucky BCF stocks them and they have a very simple plug and play system, so the swap took all of 60 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Davidson View Post
    I have their other style (vertical design) which were factory fitted on my trailer, 1.5 years old and I just replaced one of them today. Not pleased it failed, but rather lucky BCF stocks them and they have a very simple plug and play system, so the swap took all of 60 seconds.
    I note on their web site that these all come with a 5 year warranty. When you say they come with a plug and play system do you mean they require their own wires to be bought also as it seems you can buy them as a stand alone product or with the wires as a kit.

Quote Originally Posted by malby View Post
    I note on their web site that these all come with a 5 year warranty. When you say they come with a plug and play system do you mean they require their own wires to be bought also as it seems you can buy them as a stand alone product or with the wires as a kit.
    5 year warranty to retail consumers, but mine came fitted to the trailer from factory (Telwater) so I have no receipt to give to the light manufacturer. Terrible time of the year to be chasing up a warranty claim and I need my rig available for NYE, so I had to rush out and buy a replacement pair myself. I might email Telwater the receipt.

Regarding the lights, the standalone pair don't have a wiring kit included, just a short cable with an in line plug, so once your trailer is wired up you can replace a faulty unit by simply unplugging it from the system, no need to rewire anything.

Attachment 114979