Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your Perfect Steak Sanga ???

Your Perfect Steak Sanga ???

OK.... I really enjoy a steak sandwich... So I'd like to know how you do yours...

This is one I like...

A nice 1/2 in scotch fillet cooked just pink in the middle.

A brown onion cooked , still a little crispy and then a little beer pured on to mix the pan juices.

Nice bread or roll , browned on one side. (inside)

A slice of Jarlsberg cheese.

Some home made tomato relish. ( I got some at the markets)

Twist of pepper and salt. (very important)

A few bits of mixed lettuce.

Best with a beer appetiser or three and a bourbon after you have enjoyed.

Scott

Re: Your Perfect Steak Sanga ???

Slice of rib fillet (not to thin)
    bacon
    cheese
    Avocado
    salt & pepper
    sauce
    on fresh bread

I must be one of those weird people that dont like steak sangers. Every time I have one I seem to get a big piece of grissle or fat just when i am starting to enjoy it...and that turns me off.

So to me the perfect steak sanger would be one where the steak has been completely trimmed of all fat and sinew...then cooked to medium rare (my preferred cut would be the eye of rump, or trimmed round steak), with caramelised onion (using beer to caramelise it), on a toasted thick cut light rye. With melted Jarlseberg cheese, couple of strips of streaky bacon, a runny fried egg, with tomato, beetroot and crispy iceberg lettuce.....seasoned with salt and freshly ground black pepper.

Greg I know what you mean about the grissly bits ,does knock the edge off a sanga. I like to give em a good trim .
    They all sound pretty tasty
    Tailortaker Im outside with a laptop and had a few swipes at that bug !!.
    Scott

One way to reduce the grissle effect is to use two very thin steaks. Drop them onto a red hot BBQ or pan and cook very quickly. It increases the char/flavour significantly. Add bacon, tomato, lettuce, beetroot, 1/2 cooked onion and a bit of BBQ sauce. Season well and enjoy
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

ask pinhead
    he,ll be cooking em at the rbw
    pics to follow

ian

Port Office Hotel in Brisbane does the best steak sanga I have ever eaten. Rib fillet, bacon, rocket, tomato, beetroot, onion jam and aioli

Sams Burgers and Fish and Chips

632 Canterbury Rd Belmore. Shop ois long gone, and so is Sam, dead long time ago.

But damn he made top burgers

Mike

or that hole in the wall just after tom uglies bridge, every chance i had ,i was there.
    man i miss that place ,,,, after a big day at the point ,on the way home ,,,, perfect
    ian

the steak sangas that i like are 10-15 m/m rib fillet cooked on a bbq plate over timber fire with a good helping of sunflower oil on the plate cooked fast so the outside crisps up from the oil & inside nice & juicy onions cooking same time served up on soft white sliced bread with bbq sauce & of cause has to be washed down with cold beer.tastes even better when you are camping,fishing with a few of ya mates.
    cheeers

Quote Originally Posted by sid_fishes View Post
    ask pinhead
    he,ll be cooking em at the rbw
    pics to follow

ian
    he only knows one speed with steaks, he also does a paper trick with prawns, dont know how he does it but it nails the prawns.
    Tangles KFC

Mike.....knew that place well...was born at Canterbury Hospital, and raised in Punchbowl.

Ian....it was called Pauls. Owned by the Zerefos family...the daughter was Helen Zerefos...a very good contemporary opera singer. Dad used to drive us all the way there from Liverpool just to buy burgers and chips. The when we got our licences...we continued the tradition....til they closed the hole in the wall and opened up a 'chain style' place just under the bridge on the southern side.....ate there once and never went back again....they started using the commercial frozen patties and the burgers were crap.

Cheers
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by Aigutso View Post
    he only knows one speed with steaks, he also does a paper trick with prawns, dont know how he does it but it nails the prawns.
    haha..the garlic prawns under the paper..gotta thank Steve Brown for that one.
    You know me Mike..cooking is one skill I do not possess.

BUT..a good steak sanga..obviously the steak..forget all the fancy breads etc..just add some tomato, pineapple, carrot, and it MUST have beetroot..awesome.

Blaze's Burgery........Hervey Bay.

Great steak sangas and burgers.

Cheers

Grain fed Tenderloin cut diagonally 1'' thick, hot 1/2'' plate, sear, rest, pink inside!Beer marinade onion with a tally of Coopers sparkling ale mmm! Hard to beat.
    Oh and of course tommy sauce!
    Cheers Brad.