Thread: what to buy

what to buy

i am looking at the shimarno stella 18000hg or the daiwa saltiga z6500 dogfight for heavy spin and to use on my outriggers
    what would you buy ?

Re: what to buy

I guess it is the old Shimano V Daiwa argument again; both are brilliant reels. Until recently i had always used Daiwa products but encountered several more than disappointing situations with their after sales service. The reels they make are first class but their back up service is pitiful for a company of this stature. Over the last 12 months or so i have been slowly changing over to the Stella range with very pleasing and positive results. The quality and performance of the Stella reels has been outstanding as has the limited dealings at this stage with their after sales team. This was the major reason for me to invest many thousands of dollars to make the change. After sales service does not make the reels any better but does make life a whole lot easier when you need parts to make them work correctly.
    Regards to all Dick

Re: what to buy

Hi Mega,

both are nice reels. Have never had need for after sales service but is important if heavy use is intended.

Look at the S-extreme maverick instead of the Dogfight. Better drag out of the box and bush in the handle instead of bearings. I think there are some other upgrades as well but I don't own that model. S-extreme are just a later edition than the Dogfight and the expedition. (maverick is the faster of the two s-extremes)