Thread: Pflueger trion vs Wilson lcs 3-6kg

Pflueger trion vs Wilson lcs 3-6kg

I am looking to upgrade one of my rods. I have a budget of around 200$ for a rod and reel. I basically want something for mostly jack/Jew/tailor and if I ever get a chance to venture outside macks/tuna/snapper. I want to be able to throw plastics and smaller slugs around but will also be used for bait. I think i will throw some 15lb braid on it.I know trions are on sale at the moment for 99$ a peice. Any idea what these go for roughly not on sale? Also bcf has the Wilson lcs for 99$.

I've had a look at the 3-6kg versions of both. Both feel nice pfluguer feels a teeny bit better but has a longer butt. Would a 3-6 be ideal For what I want or should I step it up a kilo or so higher?

Has anyone used both these rods to compare? As for a reel I have no idea yet.

Re: Pflueger trion vs Wilson lcs 3-6kg

i have a pflueger trion 5-10kg rod which u can also buy from bcf atm for $99. they are normally $125. I have the wilson lcs as well and i would rather the pfleuger

I haven't tried the Wilson LCS, but I've been looking at the Trion 3-6kg as well, and I'm most likely going to grab one soon. My friend has the same rod, and it's just great to use. The longer butt doesn't seem to affect the control you have over the rod. Working lures and casting is just as easy as using rods with a shorter butt.

Cheers,
    Kaidon
    Conservation NOT preservation!

Trion's are gold. 99 bucks, can't beat that with a wooden bat!

I'm pretty set on the trion would 3-6 be about the right rating? Going there this arv to decide.