Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stolen tools

Stolen tools

Some scumbag thought a lot of my handtools would be better utilised in their shed and not mine.
    So if anyone sees any sockets, shifters, spanners or any friggin' thing with dark blue paint on them or S.Fisher or NRE or NRCC then let me know.
    Brands were mainly Sidchrome, Koken, MiniMax, BluePoint and Repco.
    They got my set of metric BluePoint and my AF Repco set of reversible, ratchetting ring/open ender spanners. They should be easy to see. They're nice and shiny and were my babies.
    A lot were in a blue Kinchrome 6 drawer tool box with an Able Instruments sticker on the front and socket rails pop riveted on the inside of the lid.
    Also taken Olea Mac brush cutter, Snap-On bench top battery charger, 14.4V Black and Decker Firestorm battery drill with removable chuck
    Taken from Brisbane Southside.

Been and done thePawn shops in Beenleigh.

Ta Scott

God it's hard to remember what tools you have when they're not there.
    God it's a shame a lot of the tools gone are irreplaceable but will have no use to the sh!theads ie the English magneto/ignition spanner set from 1BA-10BA
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Re: Stolen tools

that sucks scott... there are some very low poeple out there.
    ian

Sorry to hear it, makes me a little paranoid for the little that I have, proper replacement is often an impossible task.

Astounded that with every walk down any street there is a fair chance of passing someone who has the idea that if the sly opportunity arises everything they see will belonging to them.

Oh well, we have weak property protection laws because government and insurance is in bed together...that is not going to change.

best of luck tracking them down.

Hmmm strong bugga to walk with that lot. Me thinks more than one as they never like to re-enter unless they know no one is around. Be nice to find em and wipe a bit of the blue paint off under their ears with a ratchet drive. I engrave and paint all mine as well ( just so I know it's mine so brother doesn't liberate it) but odds of ever seeing it again are small so I hope they cause themselves a injury. Scum absolute scum.. Price of quality new stuff is very steep and took me ages to trust giving them a flogging and knowing my knuckles weren't going to get skinned.

Quote Originally Posted by cormorant View Post
    Hmmm strong bugga to walk with that lot.
    That's why they pinched the red supacheep trolley that was there as well.

It's going to be hard to replace the stuff.
    It was a collection of over 30 years of searching and saving.

Just hope the insurance is going to be OK but I can see me now trying to explain why I had 6 sets of sockets and 9 or so sets of spanners.

Sorry to hear about that matey. Hope you find them.....the tools.

That really sucks Finga,I hope you get your stuff back,I would hate to replace all my tools collected over the years .A couple of mates of mine, caught 2 blokes stealing wetsuits and fishing gear from a caravan park they were staying at, and re educated them in the ways of the world,better than calling the law I think.

Sucks big time, they need their fingers broken 1 at a time as they recite I MUST NOT STEAL............

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by finga View Post
    That's why they pinched the red supacheep trolley that was there as well.

It's going to be hard to replace the stuff.
    It was a collection of over 30 years of searching and saving.

Just hope the insurance is going to be OK but I can see me now trying to explain why I had 6 sets of sockets and 9 or so sets of spanners.
    I know its too late now but I get the digital camera out every year and photograph everything I've brought, (I've already gone through and photographed existing stuff),

Makes it easier for insurance claims

Sorry to hear scott,

You need a nice dog for your yard, one that bites first..

Regards
    Honda

Quote Originally Posted by honda900 View Post
    Sorry to hear scott,

Regards
    Honda

Mmmm wonder if you can get a permit for a couple of croc's.............

Mate that sucks...... worst thing ya can do is pinch a mans tools.
    Garry

Retired Honda Master Tech

Forgot to mention the buggers were 1/2 smart too.
    They turned the power off and waiting until the battery backup on the security system went flat before the deed.
    It was a real nice mess in the fridge/freezer when I got back to the house after 2 months. Maggots and sh!t everywhere.
    The stink when I walked up the front steps kinda gave me a sense something wasn't quite right.

The buggers took some of my matchbox cars too.

The exercise of pricing the tools for insurance is starting to be scary.
    I did not Koken tools were so expensive.
    I brought 3 sets of Koken sockets through a tender at work many years ago and brought another Koken tool kit off Ebay a couple of years ago
    A 40 piece AF/metric socket set is worth over $500 now. And I had trouble finding someone selling it.
    http://krewtools.com.au/index.php?pa...mart&Itemid=33

I'd say Scott that they may have come and gone as they pleased. I'd say finger breakin time... if you catch them

Quote Originally Posted by honda900 View Post
    Sorry to hear scott,

Regards
    Honda
    Interesting you say that Honda.....

In our street there have been three homes burgled in the last 12 months, all done whilst the people were home (2 in the past month).

This getting a bit scary as the last one had jewelery and a wallet pinched that was in their bedroom, yep they went in and pinched stuff around the sleeping home owners at around 2.15am. In this case the lady of the house did hear them in another room and disturbed them but thankfully they fled without clouting her on the way out.

Anyway, my wife was talking to my next door neighbour about it getting a bit scary and the neighbour explained that whilst we were out the other night he heard our dog (German Shepherd) barking angrily in our back yard. He turned on his outside lights and the barking stopped, only to start again a couple of minutes later. This time he went out into his back yard to look over into our backyard but all seemed fine.

Anyway, after hearing this Sharon had a bit of a look around the back yard and noted that part of our back fence was broken, a close look shows a big hole in the brushwood lining half way up the fence where someone has got a foot hold, and the top of the fence broken right over where someone has scrambled in a hurry falling into the yard behind us.

It spooked her so much she rang me straight away. I told her to buy that dog a steak for dinner because that was our near miss.

Given the activity and this level of intrusion we are now looking at putting up a cctv security system, we considered an alarm but these buggers are brazen and they are coming into your home while you are there. In the one on the house 2 doors up the wife was in the shower at the time, she heard her little yap yap barking but it was just told to be quiet because it barks at almost anything.

- Darren