Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stolen tools

Re: Stolen tools

The bit that worries me is that because of the slack/non existent sentencing laws the scumbags know they'll only get a slap on the wrist and that's that.
    Why wouldn't they break into some ones house??
    The biggest deterrent they have is if the home owner catches them.... not the legal system.
    The problem is only going to get worse until anarchy exists.
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Even if you have an alarm, the scumbags know that it takes a little while for some one to arrive if monitored.

If caught apply the old ways justice as the new one sucks big time.

Big test comes next week.
    An assessor is coming.
    First thing they asked...can you prove you had these tools??
    Yeah, sure I keep receipts and boxes from 1982....sarcastic bugger I am

Well there were 2 assessors who turned up and they spent 3 hours with me.
    What a nice pair of blokes.

But nice means didly squat when it comes to fulfilling a claim I've found.
    But it looks like NRMA are coming to the party and coming well prepared.

I have nothing but praise for them.
    The assessor has kept in constant touch and has always told me what's happening.
    This alone seems strange to me where insurance companies I've had to deal with constantly are concerned.

A new fridge comes next week and I have blokes calling from everywhere getting more details of the tools that I've lost.
    It seems they are going to simply deliver to me all the stuff I've lost.
    That alone saves me a lot of leg work and time and is very welcomed.

So to NRMA....you little ripper.
    And thank you. A well deserved thanks from the bottom of my heart

I just hope it all goes to plan in the end.

Good news Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by finga View Post
    So to NRMA....you little ripper.
    And thank you. A well deserved thanks from the bottom of my heart

I have been with NRMA for 15 years on my house, contents and car insurance and with all of the no claim bonuses, length of membership bonuses, old bloke bonuses, multiple policy bonuses etc, they are always the cheapest for me. I get online quotes from other main players like Suncorp, RACQ and APIA (who advertise cheaper insurance for people over fifty who no longer work full time and so should be cheap) and I find that the NRMA premiums on my home and contents insurance to be $200 per year cheaper than any of the others.

So if they are that much cheaper and at the same time, give the sort of claims response that you cite, Finga, what's not to like about them?

'Tis a bit hard to compete with that, I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by wags on the water View Post
    Good news Scott.
    Yes Mike. It's great news so far.
    And we only seem to hear the negatives here so....I'll sprook about someone who seems to be doing a great job (so far).
    They've even sourced my Oleo Mac brush cutter and Koken sockets...beautiful

Bruce...mate, I can start cleaning up downstairs now.
    Today and Sunday are taken up but Monday I'm into it.
    It is going to be good to have things sorted out again.

Sad thing is I'll probably find more stuff missing.
    But that's life.

Sounds like all is good with the tools finga !.

The NRMA assessors in the panelshop game were always good to get along with.

Scott

An update:
    New fridge is in the house.
    New brush cutter is hanging on the wall with a big padlock around it.
    Payment has been made for stolen match box cars.
    First shipment of tools should be here today or tomorrow or by Friday at the latest.

I cannot believe how well everything is coming together.
    I cannot see any reason why we would change insurance companies now as the biggest test has happened and NRMA insurance has passed the test with flying colours.
    Thank you Peter if you see this. Your blood's worth bottling.

Its allways good to here a success story.....Now all you need is for the a^s#ol*s that started this mess to be delt with....

Scott

I got the first shipment of tools yesterday.
    5 boxes of them and the postman is peeved. He was even more peeved when I said that was only the first shipment.

But something struck me whilst unpacking. They all seem cold, foreign and really unfamiliar to me.
    Is it weird someone gets familiar and comfortable with sh!tty old tools??

Ho-hum

I got an online quote from NRMA today for my boat insurance.

It always seems strange to me that although they are miles cheaper on home, contents and car insurance for me, they are still dearer that the RACQ on my boat insurance. The latest quote confirms that that is still the case.

They could have all of my modest business if they knocked about $40 off the boat insurance premium.

Quote: Finga
    But something struck me whilst unpacking. They all seem cold, foreign and really unfamiliar to me.
    Is it weird someone gets familiar and comfortable with sh!tty old tools??

I know how you feel Finga. Have 45year old sidchrome sockets , spanners screw drivers etc and they really feel like an extension to your hands. Bit grubby, bit rusty, bit worn but they are very comfortable.
    Hope you are keeping your feet dry out there.
    Cheers.

Some of this old thread referred to how good an insurer NRMA is.

I have had all of my insurances, except for the boat, with them for several years without ever making a claim. However, due to an impatient someone's running into the back of my wife's little car at a shopping centre recently, we have just gone through the experience of making a claim with them.

I cannot believe how effortless the whole process was compared with my memories of car accident claims when I used to incur one or two, myself, a few decades ago. We did not have to fill out a single form nor even sign for the repairs at the repairer.

The claim was made over the phone. Because it was a rear end prang (ie no fault of ours) and we had the details of the other driver, no excess was payable nor was there a loss of no claim bonus.

Years ago, I recall having to take my car to three different panel beaters to get quotes and send them in. That was a particularly unpleasant process because not only was it inconvenient, but occasionally, you would receive smart alec comments from the panel beaters about the prang. As for a lifetime warranty on the repair, I never heard of it in those days. This time, all we had to do was to take the car to the NRMA assessment centre where the assessor took photographs of the damage and emailed them to quoting panel shops. We received a call from the successful panel shop to book the car in and the job was done. No fuss. The assessor also gave us authorisation for taxi fares to and from the repairer but we did not use those.

The authorised panel shop at Coorparoo was a very clean looking business ( I don't remember them like that years ago.) and the staff were very cheerful and courteous.

The whole experience was stunningly simple. The repair was good. My wife is very happy to get her little car back.

Over the past two years, I have played the NRMA "beat them by 10% game" to get the insurance costs on our two cars to be the cheapest possible. Coincidentally, my wife's NRMA insurance bill is due this week. This year's bill is $30 cheaper than it was last year's when I had exercised their 10% lower price guarantee. Insurance premiums decreasing from one year to the next???? I have never heard of that. I paid it yesterday without even bothering to check competitors' prices.

On the basis of the evidence from Finga's contents claim and my wife's car insurance claim, they are a damn fine insurance company.

Sad. Good luck with insurance, then the hunt to replace stuff.

Cheers
    Chimo
    What could go wrong.......................