Thread: Any Reports From Monduran

Any Reports From Monduran

Heading up to monduran next week for my yearly BARRA fix, has anyone got reports? on the fishing and the weather up there, i've been hearing there has been a lot of rain about.

Re: Any Reports From Monduran

Lots of rain in SE Qld but little at Monduran. Water levels are pretty much unchanged in the last 6 months. Current dam at 82% of capacity...expecting some heavier rain this week.

Sorry, no recent reports on the fishing but is was very tough a month ago...

There was a comp there over the weekend so some reports should filter through today.

Regs

Pete

its been very quite on the reports, I thought there may have been a report from the family fishing comp. i guess it's only early.

Just heard that only 5 barra were caught during the comp. While there were 600 fisherman, many were there for a family day out and only a few were serious barra fishos...and it was a cooler weekend.

Regs

Pete

i have fished there for a total of 6 days in the last month and half for 8 dropped fish ,lots and lots of casts in that, my mate has landed a few on slickies and surface but it is extremly slow ,no set areas as its hit and miss , the mate landed a 121cm last weekend and popper ,foul hooked it in the head said it was an interesting fight that was the only fish for 3 solid days on the water, good luck with your trip

thanks warrior, i guess i won't find out how good or bad it is staying at home.

exactly mate,hopefully they fire up for you ,if your like me just being on the water is great ,betterthan work

Quote Originally Posted by Peter4 View Post
    Just heard that only 5 barra were caught during the comp. While there were 600 fisherman,
    Somewhat amusing that, pip pip.