Thread: squidgie dvds worth watching ?

squidgie dvds worth watching ?

Wondering if any of the squidgie dvds are worth watching. Is there any helpful info in them?. Or is it all just here watch me throw this here and bam fish on with no real meaningful information ?

Also does anyone have some they want to offload?

Re: squidgie dvds worth watching ?

I have a double disc Squidgy DVD. I think it's called Squidgy Secrets or something. I can't check because I lent it to a mate and haven't got it back yet .

There are a few handy tips & techniques in it. But I suppose the DVD's are partly a marketing tool so some of it is just watching people catch fish. But I enjoy watching them anyway.

For newby's and for seasoned fishos alike they are worth watching for the hints that are in there. It amazes me how many people do not pick up on some points even when being told about them, things like controlled slack and weights to use when working plastics. All too often i see people fishing the same baits and the same heads in the same areas with vastly different results, it need not be that way. The finesse part of plastics is described in a fairly basic form in the DVD's and paying attention might tweak you onto better results.
    Jack.

Plastics Being Yet Another Form Of Artificial Bait, I Have Found Its All About Practice, Practice, Practice!!!

There Are So Many Factors To Actually Outsmarting That Elusive Catch.....tide, Wind, Rain,moon, Type Of Gear You Use, How You Hold Your Mouth Etc, Etc..

I Have Found I Have Had Some Good Results Targeting Specific Species And Then....well Roll Me Over And Call Me Drunk....actually Having Sucess!

It Is Really Worthwile And A Great Feeling Of Self Satisfaction...

The Secret To All Of This Is Research....knowing Your Adversary And It Helps To Think Like A Fish Also!!

Probably A Good Fish To Start On Is The Humble Flathead, They Can Be Fairly Territorial And Will Attack A Bait.....or A Slow Cranked Plastic.

The Other Beauty Of Flathead Is If They Are About, They Are Reasonably Easy To Catch....a Good Thing Because If You Are Trying New Ways In Your Fishing Invantory It Can Get Quite Disheartening Trying For Hours Or Days With No Result...

Have A Good One...chris
    "WE FISH...WE VOTE"

I have had (and watched several times) the squidgy DVD's along with all the other fishing shows that showcase the soft plastics and I am still waiting to get a "big" fish on plastics...

I am the first to say that I think I am the problem here but if you have seen one of these shows you have seen them all... the rest is practice practice practice.... so I am told

In my opinion they're designed to sell the product. You watch the DVD, you see them getting onto awesome fish. It's natural, you want that too.

What you don't see is the many fishless hours, the multitude of small fish and the re-shots where they catch a fish and then afterwards shoot the 'host' talking about how it's the perfect weather pattern, time of day, tide and right moon for a particular lure/technique.. Of course it's easy to find a pattern once you've caught the fish.

I have all three DVDs for sale if anyone wants them -$20

PM me

Regs

Pete

I thought they were worth watching. The earlier DVD's cover the basics on how to rig and fish Squidgies but I really enjoyed the later S Factor DVD which includes the development of Squidgies and Hard Bodies by Starlo and Bushy.

Very interesting to watch Bushy making and trialling his prototype Stiffy range of lures.

I've caught small GT's and Cod on the 80mm Drop Bear Slick Rigs and Flathead on the 80mm Killer Tomato and Black and Gold Squidgy Fish and believe that they do work once you have developed the right technique to work these lures successfully. Unlike Gulp which can be fished liked bait, you do have to work the Squidgies like any lure to achieve results.

The DVD's are very useful in explaining the best way to rig and retrieve the different types of soft plastics so that you can catch fish.

The best way to practice and develop your technique for lures is to go fishing without any bait. I used to give up and revert to bait when I wasn't getting immediate results on lures.

Its a real thrill when you catch your first fish on a lure.

The great thing about the Squidgey DVDs is that even though they show their own products (for obvious reasons), the techniques can be used for any other soft plastic company out there. They're using a burn and kill method on Squidgey Wrigglers? Same method can be used on a Gulp Swimming Mullet (both have the 'wriggler tail' sort of pattern.)

They show the importance of rigging the plastics on straight, different ways of presenting the plastic, pretty much all you need to know, just short of catching the fish for you!

While there is a fair bit of advertising in the DVD, you can't expect any less in all honesty. They aren't saying 'this is the only plastic that will work in this situation' they're saying 'we are using this plastic for these reasons'.

I dunno, I might be a little biased as I love Squidgeys, but hey, they work.

Cheers,
    Kaidon
    Conservation NOT preservation!

In this weather the more fishing DVDs you have to watch the better!
    I just watched with first ones again as they are at Mallacoota and I'm heading there soon.
    Great to see Bushy and Starlo in a tinnie and referring to it as a state of the art fishing platform.
    A far cry from the $50K rigs they use now....
    Cheers and thanks.

"Tackle Whore on a budget..."
    Gonzo II – Brooker 4.5m 40hp Yam & Outlaw Kayak
    Fish Well, Fish Egrell

http://www.ecofishersqld.org.au

Yeah figured it would be mainly marketing but i enjoy fishing shows so thought these would be something different to watch. I love the squidgies and im liking gulp too. Might be worth looking into for something to do as the weather is not so tempting.... plus there is always room for improvement!