Thread: Garage sale fishing gear.

Garage sale fishing gear.

Since it's been wet and the weather is a little off. I decided too go for a drive, while I was on the road waiting at a set lights I spotted a sign saying garage sale fishing and camping gear. That's for me I thought, so I followed the signs and arrived at the house. Most of the gear was all gone,... but two rods hit me in the eye. Two shakespeare graphite lure sticks with a Daiwa Millionaire-s 300 reel all for just $25.....Just $25 I said to the lady,"Yes she replied they belonged too my late husband" My heart sank as I handed over the money. "He loved his fishing and fussed over it all the time". That's easy to see I thought to myself.

All I could say was, that he is now in good hand's and his prized fishing gear has found a new home and his spirit will live on through the rods. Don't ask me where those words came from but I nearly broke the poor lady up.. Not intentional to do so but a very touching moment indeed.

Mark this ones for you may your rods bring luck and your footsteps followed RIP brother.
    "If I am going too burn time let it be holding my rod. For when it is time to lay me at rest let it be a Viking burial at it's best. Give back for what I have Taken."

Re: Garage sale fishing gear.

Truly a memorable bargain, Viper Fish.

Sorry about picture quality I took those shots with a phone cam, best I could do at the moment.
    "If I am going too burn time let it be holding my rod. For when it is time to lay me at rest let it be a Viking burial at it's best. Give back for what I have Taken."

At least they've gone to a good home, rather than some bogan who'll end up dropping them in the water and leaving them out in the rain. Hope you catch some fish on them.

Cheers,
    Kaidon
    Conservation NOT preservation!

comment removed

Agreed Caster 266 indeed my greatest fear is that when I die my wife will sell all my gear for less than what I told her I paid for it!!

Cheers Rob

Your right you know, That is a scarry thought. Here you are an avid fisho you've spent most of your living days learning how to fish and fish better, most of your fishing years have been spent collecting hard earnt gear.....And then the big chief upstairs summons you too the pearly gates. And your gear gets sold for far less than what you paid for it.! OK here's the remedy to this problem.
    Next time you buy a new reel, rod or any gear for that matter.... let's just tell the oldgirl you paid double and at least that way you've got half a chance of breaking even. It might help rest your sole?

All jokes aside if I priced up both rods and reel as if brand newy's The figure might come close too $300, instead it was sold for $25. That's it no more thinking it makes me shiver. As one other member rightly states. "So many fish yet so little time" How true can you be.