Thread: Jarvis Walker A u r o r a "Cronulla" Rod

Jarvis Walker A u r o r a "Cronulla" Rod

Has anyone used one of these rods for surf fishing?

They're an 11 ft 4-7kg glass rod designed for a spinning reel and feel OK in the shop.

Re: Jarvis Walker A u r o r a "Cronulla" Rod

I have one. If you only beach fish a couple of times a year like me they are fine

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin_Mike View Post
    I have one. If you only beach fish a couple of times a year like me they are fine

Mike
    Thanks Mike. It is only intended for occasional use and I don't expect much from a cheap rod but didn't want to end up with something unusable.

Out of interest what brand/size spinning reel do you use on yours?

Regards,

Jackson

Mate those ######'s are quite capable as a budget surf rod. I don't know that particular model but I have had a few of them over the years (tailor taker or some such I remember one name).
    You can also get Wilsons and Sure catch in similar priced entries I think. Definitely usable and good for occassional use.
    Vegetarian - Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot that can't hunt, fish or ride.

I have a Silstar on it, running 20lb mono. cant rememeber the model without looking, but a biggish typre spinner

Mike

Great replies to an interesting topic.
    Have started searching for a spin rod for the surf and as I don't use it often, I considered one of those. The Wilson 10ft spin is a 5-10kg rod so is in a similar class and is about $15 more on special from the large tackle store in the Tweed. $60 delivered at the moment.
    Just a question on what size spin reel? 5000 or larger? I'd guess around 5:1 would be ideal retrieve rate.

Thanks to all who have replied. I am also considering a Wilson 10'6" 3-6 kg rod which should suit as a pretty good allrounder for the beach.

I will try out some of my larger spinning reels to see which one balances on the Wilson as well as the Jarvis Walker.

Regards,

Jackson