Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Competition Prizes

Re: Competition Prizes

Quote Originally Posted by rat_catcher View Post
    Damn....now I gotta get my butt into gear and get another boat! Newby sounds like you are putting a lot of thought into this. I have put the dates in my calendar.

My only question is you state fishing times in one of your earlier posts, but a lot of people like to troll right on dawn and dusk, which your times would rule out.

Any thoughts on that one?

I know this isn't a bottom bashing gig, so fishing all night is probably not warranted, but maybe one of the days allow an earlier start or later finish. Maybe won't work with the guys doing the drinking, but just an idea anyway.
    Bugger....Hadn't thought about that one....
    Fair call though.
    I know there is a reason that the fishing only goes in daylight hours. I will find out and get back to you.
    I CAME INTO THIS WORLD KICKING, SCREAMING AND COVERED IN SOMEONE ELSES BLOOD. I HAVE NO PROBLEM GOING OUT THE SAME WAY.
    NEWBY T.G.

Quote Originally Posted by NEWBY View Post
    I know there is a reason that the fishing only goes in daylight hours. I will find out and get back to you.
    Thanks. Not a big deal but worth investigating anyway. I actually think a pelagic only competition is a good idea. Every time I go trolling the crew always wants to give up early and go bottom bashing. At least this way I can tell them we have to keep trolling!

If I can get a barge or mother ship to take fuel out to Wistari Reef which is about 40nm out and we use Wistari as an overnight base.
    I think this is a great idea, but would want to have a good hard think about how this will all work.

If you are running 3 x day long fishing sessions, are you going to give out prizes each night? If so wouldn't that mean everybody would have to travel back into Gladstone for the prize sessions?

How will having a barge at Wistari and boats anchoring overnight affect the social aspects of the comp? I know for a lot of people the social aspects are a big drawcard.

I think you are onto something good though. The Capricorn Bunker Group is a beautiful part of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by rat_catcher View Post
    I think this is a great idea, but would want to have a good hard think about how this will all work.

If you are running 3 x day long fishing sessions, are you going to give out prizes each night? If so wouldn't that mean everybody would have to travel back into Gladstone for the prize sessions?

How will having a barge at Wistari and boats anchoring overnight affect the social aspects of the comp? I know for a lot of people the social aspects are a big drawcard.

I think you are onto something good though. The Capricorn Bunker Group is a beautiful part of the world.
    Wont be a nightly thing mate.
    Fish 3 days then back to base for the wind up.
    This type of fishing is too expensive to keep coming in every night.
    Some boats will travel 70 + mile to get to the big blue ground.
    Fish friday sat and sunday from 7-12 then home for the presentation and wind up.
    I CAME INTO THIS WORLD KICKING, SCREAMING AND COVERED IN SOMEONE ELSES BLOOD. I HAVE NO PROBLEM GOING OUT THE SAME WAY.
    NEWBY T.G.

Wont be a nightly thing mate.
    Fish 3 days then back to base for the wind up.
    Got it. Thanks.