Thread: RJayz?

RJayz?

Hi All,
    Anyone have any news on RJayz (the burley cannister company)???
    Their website is no longer, nor is one of their email addresses working.
    I also tried to pick up a supply of the burley logs the other day from a local store, and the RJayz freezer was empty.

I hope this is all just coincidence, and it's merely an internet glitch.

Cheers!

Re: RJayz?

As far as I know he is gone. there are 3 Logs left at victoria point tackle and marine $7 each.

Yep, Reese sold the business, i am unsure of who but they have stopped producing it, hopefully its just for the short term.

Cheers Lee

Quote Originally Posted by lethal098 View Post
    Yep, Reese sold the business, i am unsure of who but they have stopped producing it, hopefully its just for the short term.

Cheers Lee
    I'm certainly hoping that it's just for the short term!!!

Yeah i am the same, although am thinking of making my own burley and using something to make a similar size sausage, just tossing around a few ideas at the moment but the hardest thing is finding something to mould and freeze then reuse.

Cheers Lee

Mate

90 ML storm water pipe. $13 a lenght of 6 meters. Cut into portions and buy lids.

Does anyone know where I can buy The bomb part ???
    I am at Stones Corner, Brisbane

Cheers

Thats the problem, you cant anymore unless a tackle shop has any left, last time i looked there were less than 10 in any shops is SEQ, i bought 4 of them, that cleared my local guy out.

Tim, i like the idea of the PVC pipe, i wonder how well it freezes over and over!
    Might trial some and see how it works.

How many guys on here would be interested in purchasing if we can get it right. If the PVC works then would have to work a return/deposit on each tube taken. Will keep everyone updated.

cheers Lee

Well seeing you have 4, would you like to sell one ???
    Apart from that it looks like I will be making my own and the PVC sounds like a great idea.

Brett

not a chance, have already used 2 of them,

the pvc idea is basicly the cheapest option bunnings etc sell off cuts to so you dont need a full length

would anyone know the illustrator of the fish on the rjayz ads in the mag's? Not 1 of my mag's at home have it in them and i want a sticker running up my boat like that.

Hey guys,
    I have made my own berley by cutting the bottom out of some 1.25 soft drink bottles (with straight sides, not shaped or tapered like coke bottles) and simply freezing upside down standing in buckets. Made about 10 in a go.
    Unscrew the lid and push your thumb in a bit and it slides the sausage out.
    I think 2 litre would suit as well.

Best part is, if you break or loose the bottle, simple to make more and the flexible shape seems to help slide out the berley slab.

Cheers.