Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mako Sunglasses - How Good!!!

Re: Mako Sunglasses - How Good!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Teachnthekids View Post
    I too have a similar story about Maui Jims my wife sat on hers in the car, rang Maui Jim to ask if they could be repaired, said yes at minimal cost - well it was minimal cost allright cost nothing.

Yes they are a premium brand however I would have not thought that they were that much more than Mako's.

Cheers
    Rob

totally depends on model ....... mid range are on par with the RRP of Makos / Spotters - then you can pay $100 more ($380) for the top of the range stuff.

chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

I got them for around $280 a year ago. These are the Banyans which I chose because they are as light as air and I hate heavy sunnies sitting on the bridge of my nose.
    They've also got a really cool sort of frosted effect on the top and bottom of the lenses which seems to keep a fair amount of light out of my eyes....very important not to let too much light inside the head
    So shines a good deed in a weary world
    - William S Shakespeare and William S Wonka_

i,ve had makos and spotters before and i think they are overated compared to maui jims, serengetis and revos are great too.

Maui Jim's for me, They are around $280 for the ones with glass lenses, but worth every cent, customer service is also great as I too have cracked the lenses in a set and got them replaced for nothing.

You can also get prescription lenses for them but they are not cheap.

Anthony

Ausfish Platinum Member scuttlebutt's Avatar

I reckon Mako should have replaced them.

I've read many reports about Maui Jim service being fantastic and replacing sunnies for little if any cost even when they've been damaged by the owner. Subsequently they have a fantastic reputation and no doubt this wins them customers.

The couple of bucks it would cost Mako to knock out and send a new set would be well worth it in positive reputation and customer relations.

As they say, a customer might tell one person that they have received good service, but they'll tell ten people if they received bad service.

Serengeti or maui jim you cant go wrong as i use both mainly serengeti.
    Graham

I thought this was a piss take when I first read it. I think I have owned at least 20 different types of reputable brand sunnies and will always go back to Mako. They were by far the best pair I have had ever. Only reason I am not wearing a set now is because I couldn't get any the last couple of times I broke or lost my sunnies.

6 years? Got to be joking.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.