Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jones's Tackle Moved

Re: Jones's Tackle Moved

Quote Originally Posted by Vic1 View Post
    Very good service / prices in my opinion. I'll travel from the Redlands to purchase from them, rather than use anyone in this area.

Ask for Steve, he has a great deal of knowledge and is a thoroughly good guy...
    are you serious? You will drive that far just to go to a tackle shop?
    Surely your time and travel would negate any saviings.

Sure am.....Id rather deal wirth experts who'll give you the time of day, rather than other shops who if you're not buying the "$1000 dollar combo" treat you like an annoyance....which is what happens at my "local"

I have often travelled from the Southside to Jones as they often have gear that I can't get elswhere. I rate them very highly in terms of customer service and quite reasonable in the price area. The staff know what they are talking about and ask price brackets before selecting options and give you options that might suit.
    The logistics of getting in and out of their old store certainly reduced my visits.
    I would rate them with Fishead for staff knowledge and customer service (I think Vic1 has had bad times there) but with a better selection of gear.
    Tackle Warehouse is the only othe real tackle store option I can think of and they are certainly hot and cold on custemer service.
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Quote Originally Posted by Vic1 View Post
    Sure am.....Id rather deal wirth experts who'll give you the time of day, rather than other shops who if you're not buying the "$1000 dollar combo" treat you like an annoyance....which is what happens at my "local"
    fair call..I would not know what tackle shops are in the redlands area..I don't go there very often.

Quote Originally Posted by Horse View Post
    I have often travelled from the Southside to Jones as they often have gear that I can't get elswhere. I rate them very highly in terms of customer service and quite reasonable in the price area. The staff know what they are talking about and ask price brackets before selecting options and give you options that might suit.
    The logistics of getting in and out of their old store certainly reduced my visits.
    I would rate them with Fishead for staff knowledge and customer service (I think Vic1 has had bad times there) but with a better selection of gear.
    Tackle Warehouse is the only othe real tackle store option I can think of and they are certainly hot and cold on custemer service.
    certainly makes you wonder Neil, how much business they have missed out on due to that last location they were in.
    Seems it was not just me that avoided the place because of that.

They certainly have all the goodies there but i have found them a bit arrogant and cocky at times..

Only go there when i cant get what i want elsewhere..

Good service good people great range I try and buy as much there as I can they have gone to great trouble sourcing blanks for me and if it is cheaper elsewhere I usually give them a shot at matching the price.
    About 15 years ago they spent around 30+mins teaching me to tie a double you wont get that at a chain store.

I prefer shopping at small businesses, because I know where my hard earned is going - straight back to the locals.

Having said that, I often sense a level of arrogance form Jones'

I hope they succeed at the new premises.

I've never noticed arrogance there...

I tend to go there when I need advice and then buy whatever I need based on what they tell me to do (ie, support the store after recieving their advice). I will admit however that when replacing whatever it was that I got that I will go to Wellsy's etc for a better price the next time around because they can be a bit expensive at Jonses

for example, 1mm alloy crimps pack of 100 was nearly 5 times more expensive at Jonses than was available at Wellsy's.

great advice, but some of the gear is overpriced.

I called in for a look the other day and I'm not sure they moved for better parking. Again the parking is out the back only about 8 car parks and in peak hour you have to get back onto Gympie rd. On the other hand the shop looks great its alot bigger than the other shop, has a big range of product and best of all its closer to me than it was at lutwyche. So I guess i will be spending a bit of my hard earned there but not during peak hour traffic...
    Cheers Brendan..........

I suppose over-confidence could be interpreted as arrogance?
    Looking forward to checking out the new shop.......